MEDLEY & COYLE | Vital Football

MEDLEY & COYLE

Late_Kickov

Vital Youth Team
There has been no mention on the official site of Medley & Coyle having been recalled or us having sent them back. The recalls of Eccles, Robertson and Drysdale by their parent clubs have all been recorded on our site, usually with thanks and best wishes etc. Similarly, I can't find mention of their return - if it has happened - on the Arsenal site, although both may be too far down the pecking order to warrant comment. It is unusual for GFC not to mention when players, whether loaned or contracted, leave the club, and I suspect there may have been some underlying issues, although we may never know.

Nothing to see here.
They have gone back to Arsenal.
The only underlying issue was that neither was ready to break into the first team.
They both have a future, but are not ready yet.

Nothing to see here.
They have gone back to Arsenal.
The only underlying issue was that neither was ready to break into the first team.
They both have a future, but are not ready yet.
Just does seem very odd no statement at all.Mark Patterson was the last person I can remember leaving when the same thing happened. That is assuming they have left. It does seem likely that Arsenal and Gills are not in agreement on what has happened with them.Both have a future?Maybe but there are a massive number of lads in a similar situation many just discover that talent alone is not enough.

Be amazed if either kick a ball for Arsenal first team.
I suspect given no statement that Arsenal weren’t happy with how they were being used so recalled them.

Shirley the fact that neither has been named on the subs bench for the past 3 games tells you all you need to know, particularly as a youth team player (Lintott) was a sub making up the numbers the other day.

Shirley the fact that neither has been named on the subs bench for the past 3 games tells you all you need to know, particularly as a youth team player (Lintott) was a sub making up the numbers the other day.
Coyle has not been.a benchwarmer for the last 5 games, Medley for the last 8.

They would have friends in London if they broke rules of our club on Covid it could be the reason for the silence by both teams.Speculation of course.

No one is denying they have gone back, it’s just strange the club never released a statement confirming it with the usual thanks for their services.