Mc crap rolled out to defend the undefendable | Vital Football

Mc crap rolled out to defend the undefendable

Hanley has also had a media piece come out.

Says even though he hasn't been playing he has been 'trying to support his teammates '

Interesting that all the players are on different schedules so they don't all get to see eachother until match day and the couple of hours a week on pitch training. I'm guessing that's normal but does make me wonder if it's good for team bonding etc.

He says that the signing of Duffy has been massive and he'll only help the squad.....hasn't looked that way.....

'It's always good to have experienced bodies in the dressing room," he says. "But we've still got that mix, we've got young lads who are in and around it. We've definitely got that balance, but it obviously helps to have a couple of experienced lads.

"[Me and Shane Duffy] had a great relationship at Blackburn, we both were pretty successful there. So it's good to see Shane again, and he's somebody that I'm close with. Good to have him as part of the dressing room."

He then says that losing Gibson is a massive blow..... Hanley mate come on.

'It's a big blow for us to lose a player like Ben. He's one of the senior lads in the group, one of the leaders, and someone who's so important for the way we want to try and play as well. But I've been in the game long enough now to know that you just stick to the plan, stay calm and don't get over-excited by situations, don't make any rash decisions. My plan's pretty clear, and I'll be guided by people above me, and I'll do as I'm told and be where I need to be."