Mbemba | Vital Football

Mbemba

Wilco

Vital Squad Member
Kid's a class act according to plenty of Anderlecht fans on Reddit. Reckon he's a steal at that price - Kompany mark II to vaguely quote one. Classy player capable of taking charge, dictating play and not shy of the tough stuff.

Now where have I heard all of that before...............................

Good luck lad, and whatever you do find some form of private coaching outside the BM.

With such a rich history of signing class centre backs like Boumsong and Marcelino I'll reserve judgement, too many times when we sign these players we throw them into one of the poorest defences in England and expect miracles. We need strengthening at the back and have done for years, more than one player is necessary, for a professional football club not to recognise this and do something about it is fucking ridiculous, this lad is young and needs quality around him to help, not Steven the idiot fucking Taylor and hapless Mike Williamson.

Totally agree. They should be addressing this defensive mishmash with more urgency.
Members is a quality prospect and he can score goals as well.

He can play full back but why not buy proper full back cover for Janmaat and let Mbemba play in his proper position. Have we not learnt from Pardew and Carver than playing players out of position does not work. Although results in friendlies aren't the be all and end all you've got to be able to take some positives from the performances. We've played seven friendlies, six against clubs a least two divisions below us and we've only won 2 out 7 and conceded more than we've scored.

Another mediocre season awaits unless we use the next month wisely. Ship out the dead wood and replace them with better quality. FFS we had Taylor, Williamson, Anita and Obertan starting today.

Wilco - 1/8/2015 11:06

Kid's a class act according to plenty of Anderlecht fans on Reddit. Reckon he's a steal at that price - Kompany mark II to vaguely quote one. Classy player capable of taking charge, dictating play and not shy of the tough stuff.

Now where have I heard all of that before...............................

Good luck lad, and whatever you do find some form of private coaching outside the BM.
If he gets near what Woodgate was like in his spell here, well that will be an improvement on anyone else we've had at centre back since then.