Maybe | Vital Football

Maybe

ian08040

Vital Squad Member
Gillingham are amongst a clutch of clubs who are interested in signing Leeds United youngster Ryan Edmondson this summer.

Leeds signed the young forward from York City in 2017 and the youngster has impressed for the Under-18 and the Under-23 sides at Elland Road.

He made two appearances in the Championship last season, but he is not a big part of Marcelo Bielsa’s plans for the 2019/20 campaign.

Leeds are considering loaning him out the clubs in the lower leagues and they still have time to do so before 2nd September.

He's 18.

Far to fragile for the hustle and bustle of league one, in my opinion.

He doesn't look like he's built like a brick s*ithouse, which is what is needed.

This is a different level to the under 23 matches that he's played, physically.

He's 18.

Far to fragile for the hustle and bustle of league one, in my opinion.

He doesn't look like he's built like a brick s*ithouse, which is what is needed.

This is a different level to the under 23 matches that he's played, physically.
Wouldn’t you say we have that mould already in Hanlan and Mandron? I’d say a clinical finisher in the box who’ll get on the end of the crosses-on-the-break.

Edit: sorry Vinny for ignoring your thread!

JET was built like a brick s*ithouse as was Nouble but they were not target men, and we have already got Mandron who can play that role to a certain degree.

Even Eaves spent a lot of time out wide so was not really a target man either.

We don't always need that sort of player providing the players know they should keep the ball on the deck and play through and around the opposition.

Am I the only one who isn’t concerned about the forward position? We have Hanlan, Jakubiak, Mandron who will all get goals. and then others like List could fill in if needed.

I’d think some left sided player would be priority esp as we have right rooted Fuller playing left back and Garms seems to be out of favour.

I don't think you can ever have enough goal scoring potential in a team. Goals win games which will keep us up, and hopefully entertain us at the same time.

Am I the only one who isn’t concerned about the forward position? We have Hanlan, Jakubiak, Mandron who will all get goals. and then others like List could fill in if needed.

I’d think some left sided player would be priority esp as we have right rooted Fuller playing left back and Garms seems to be out of favour.

It depends what sort of football we play. If we pass it intelligently then the likes of Hanlan and Jakubiak will score. If we go direct and lump then neither are really big enough to be the hold up player, although perhaps Mandron it is. If Mandron doesn't work out or gets injured then we need another target man to hold the ball up and brings others in. IF we are going to be direct. List will only be a bit part player for me. Like others before he has so much potential with his pace but we don't use it.