Max Meyer | Vital Football

Max Meyer

pjones40

Vital Football Hero
Why is Levy not breaking his back to get him. He has no club do it's not much of a risk. I just think it will be foolish to miss out on such a talent and for free

If he's available on a free and the club wanted him the easiest thing in the world would be to find a way to pay him £150k a week, so I can only assume we don't want him.

He has stagnated a bit over the last 18 months from what I have seen. He isn't worth 150k a week. More like a 75k a week squad player.

If we really wanted him, we'd have got him by now. Plus, our focus is firmly set on Grealish it would seem. Similar players but one is homegrown, and that's a big focus for us this summer.

Played just over half a season, and did reasonably well as a defensive midfielder, got absolutely not a single scout in Europe excited about him.

Zero goals, zero assists, very few chance creations.

Has an attitude problem - can't see a single reason anyone at our club would even pass the time of day looking at him.

Still only 22 so could turn out to be decent but even 150k wouldn't be difficult to sort with a sign on fee of 8-12M (equivalent of 2-3 years at 75k/week) and 75k/week wages... So if we're not in for him with those demands we're clearly no longer interested.

Personally not seen enough of him to judge but know he was well hyped a while back and a few on here wanted him last year.

I think it's known we've scouted him in the past, and there's no question he is a skilled player. If he's developed the defensive side of his game as many have said, then he could have real potential as a box to box mid.

Something must've happened for him to make the statements he did, it seemed quite out of character. Then again, maybe that was the beginning of his true-self reveal.

Word is he was looking for 150k/wk, whether he was asking for an additional (and substantial) signing on bonus seems wishy-washy.

If he doesn't have mental problems, a talent like him, there's surely a way to work out a deal that's reasonable. If he turns out to be a sh|thead, just sell him for a bag of chips and you've lost nothing more going forward.

If he isn't the type of idiot the reports are making him seem to be, he could thrive in Poch's philosophy.

I think it's known we've scouted him in the past, and there's no question he is a skilled player. If he's developed the defensive side of his game as many have said, then he could have real potential as a box to box mid.

Something must've happened for him to make the statements he did, it seemed quite out of character. Then again, maybe that was the beginning of his true-self reveal.

Word is he was looking for 150k/wk, whether he was asking for an additional (and substantial) signing on bonus seems wishy-washy.

If he doesn't have mental problems, a talent like him, there's surely a way to work out a deal that's reasonable. If he turns out to be a sh|thead, just sell him for a bag of chips and you've lost nothing more going forward.

If he isn't the type of idiot the reports are making him seem to be, he could thrive in Poch's philosophy.

Trouble is what is he?

He's 22 now, last season he was used as a defensive screen as he wasn't deemed good enough going forward ?

He reminds me in some respects of how Winks plays, good shielder/passer of the ball, likes to get forward, but not the greatest tackler.

Where would he fit in?

Trouble is what is he?

He's 22 now, last season he was used as a defensive screen as he wasn't deemed good enough going forward ?

He reminds me in some respects of how Winks plays, good shielder/passer of the ball, likes to get forward, but not the greatest tackler.

Where would he fit in?

Levy's budget.

Not sure where he'd specifically fit on the field, but if he came in sucked the gas pipe, we could just sell him for nothing. If he shined then it'd look like a snappy deal.

Although there's another German kid who plays a more useful position, has his head on right, is 10 times the player, and would cost a pretty penny. Get him now, or never.