Max Ehmer | Page 2 | Vital Football

Max Ehmer

I love the way he collects defenders at our set plays these days. I would guess initially he is being held by one.Then just as the ball is delivered he grabs at least one more.The ref can't really give a infringement as Ehmer almost certainly is being held before he does anything.

I love the way he collects defenders at our set plays these days. I would guess initially he is being held by one.Then just as the ball is delivered he grabs at least one more.The ref can't really give a infringement as Ehmer almost certainly is being held before he does anything.

Yes. Things like this often go unnoticed, or he gives the foul away and fans moan.

But there were a couple of great examples shown last season where as a corner or free kick came in, he basically herded a couple of defenders out the way leaving Nichols free to fire home. You could almost see the training ground routines in full effect.

Tom gets all the praise (rightly so) and Max gets “all he does is hoof!” on post match forums. The lot of the experienced, no nonsense CB eh? 😁