Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
It occurred to me today that based on Ex's comments that Levy has been a Mourinho fan forever that Pochettino's attitude changed when Mourinho became available after the United gig.

I wonder if Pochettino knew Levy wanted Mourninho?

I just read that Pochettino did not travel back with the squad after the Champions League final loss.

Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says he "gave the best" of himself during his five-and-a-half years with the club.

The 47-year-old Argentine led Spurs to four successive top-four finishes and last season's Champions League final.

He was replaced by Jose Mourinho last week and in his first statement since, Pochettino said: "There were equally tough challenges as exciting successes.
"Best wishes for the future, I am sure we will cross paths again."

Former Argentina international defender Pochettino, who has also managed Espanyol and Southampton, signed a new five-year contract in May 2018 and spoke in January 2019 about hoping to remain with Tottenham for 20 years.

But in pre-season - after the club broke their transfer record to sign Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele - he said he was "not in charge" of signings at Tottenham and believed his job title should be changed from manager to coach.

Spurs moved to their new 62,062-seater stadium in April after almost two seasons playing their home matches at Wembley but have struggled for consistency this term and were 14th in the table when Pochettino was dismissed.

"I gave the best of me to accomplish the objectives I was asked for in our first meeting," added Pochettino.

He had begun his statement by saying: "I would like to thank [owner] Joe Lewis and [chairman] Daniel Levy for giving me the opportunity to be part of Tottenham Hotspur's history.

"I would like to thank also everyone I met at Tottenham, all the club staff and the football players during these years.

"Finally I would like to give a special mention to the fans who make this club so great with their fantastic support."

It doesn't matter whether Poch is exactly thinking exactly what he is saying. The most important thing is to show class and say those things.

I keep saying this but great communication is a very important leadership trait. Levy still needs to up his game in this area.

It occurred to me today that based on Ex's comments that Levy has been a Mourinho fan forever that Pochettino's attitude changed when Mourinho became available after the United gig.

I wonder if Pochettino knew Levy wanted Mourninho?

If Poch had an idea that Levy fancied Jose then he should've pulled out all stops knuckled down and concentrated on bringing out the best in our players whilst filtering all the BS that distracted the team.

He did the opposite. Silly man.

It doesn't matter whether Poch is exactly thinking exactly what he is saying. The most important thing is to show class and say those things.

I keep saying this but great communication is a very important leadership trait. Levy still needs to up his game in this area.

Levy will not become vocal about day to day, week to week issues; he has no desire to be in the limelight like some owners do.

He concentrates on internal communication and 'major' announcements, all other 'housekeeping' (because that's how it's viewed) he does with his regular sit-down with the supporters' trust.

Out of interest what more would you have him do? I've asked myself this question many many times and never come up with a convincing argument.

Levy will not become vocal about day to day, week to week issues; he has no desire to be in the limelight like some owners do.

He concentrates on internal communication and 'major' announcements, all other 'housekeeping' (because that's how it's viewed) he does with his regular sit-down with the supporters' trust.

Out of interest what more would you have him do? I've asked myself this question many many times and never come up with a convincing argument.

Firstly, I think the stadium communications were very poor. For our club they were very important, Levy should have been last signatory and his smarts should have told him prioritising NFL (2nd paragraph) over the fans (5th paragraph) was wrong. His comms people should have caught it but they didn't so he should have as the overall accountable person. That's leadership 101, as is picking up on his team not having documented the likely scenario s for the season ticket holders. He shouldn't have sat in his bunker during that period especially as it was days after the empty transfer window. He should have been front of house publicly communicating and doing Q&A. He hid and even put words in Poch's mouth through the true by using his name in vain. He should have used the word "we" and talked as a club. His lack of open communication contributed greatly to the shit storm on social media even if he was working in our best interests.

It's not a major thing, but just bringing Levy's communication back closer to the middle would sit better with me. I also think it would help his brand, but that's clearly his own issue to deal with. If his son is being coached to take over, I hope there's little more open communication style there.

Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says he "gave the best" of himself during his five-and-a-half years with the club.

The 47-year-old Argentine led Spurs to four successive top-four finishes and last season's Champions League final.

He was replaced by Jose Mourinho last week and in his first statement since, Pochettino said: "There were equally tough challenges as exciting successes.
"Best wishes for the future, I am sure we will cross paths again."

Former Argentina international defender Pochettino, who has also managed Espanyol and Southampton, signed a new five-year contract in May 2018 and spoke in January 2019 about hoping to remain with Tottenham for 20 years.

But in pre-season - after the club broke their transfer record to sign Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele - he said he was "not in charge" of signings at Tottenham and believed his job title should be changed from manager to coach.

Spurs moved to their new 62,062-seater stadium in April after almost two seasons playing their home matches at Wembley but have struggled for consistency this term and were 14th in the table when Pochettino was dismissed.

"I gave the best of me to accomplish the objectives I was asked for in our first meeting," added Pochettino.

He had begun his statement by saying: "I would like to thank [owner] Joe Lewis and [chairman] Daniel Levy for giving me the opportunity to be part of Tottenham Hotspur's history.

"I would like to thank also everyone I met at Tottenham, all the club staff and the football players during these years.

"Finally I would like to give a special mention to the fans who make this club so great with their fantastic support."

I wish him the best...this happens, simply part of the game nowadays especially at big clubs. He took us to a new level...now it is hopefully time to take the next step.

BL - When we look back as we move forward on to bigger and better things...again hopefully...you have to include MoPo as a large part of the reason we are where we are.