Matty Cash | Vital Football

Matty Cash

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
I thought this lad might actually deserve his own thread.

Is it just me or is this lad looking like he might turn out to be the revelation of the season?

Saw him in pre season against Girona (I think) and he looked excellent- put in a particularly outstanding cross and then got injured.

Seems to have picked up from there and he has been absolutely brilliant. Looks like this manager thinks the same as well

Have to agree, I would say you can make a case for him having been man of the match in all of the last 3 games.

SA.

He is unfortunately too small & league 1 standard at best.

He's very confident on the ball, love the way he's backing in giving the defender no chance and then turning them and getting his crosses in, good skill to have.

His effort is brilliant, reminds me of a better Chris Cohen mixed with Steve Stone in his play style right now.

Calvin Plummer - 21/1/2018 11:22

Have to give props to Lichaj for once yesterday, he dealt with Jota brilliantly which gave Cash freedom.

How you feeling now Calvin?
You hated the Marinakis takeover and you were dead against Karanka coming in...
Myself, I haven't felt better about being a Forest fan in years.
These two men will take us back to the promise land...
A 'winner; of an owner and a 'winner' of a manager.

If you're starting yo compare him with Steve Stone BD he's obviously got some thing worth keeping, Only hope our owner sees it that way.

At times last season he looked a bit out of his depth at this level, I felt a loan would have been of benefit to him and us. In the games he has played this season he has been outstanding. I love his work rate and energy.

Even last season, when he came on as sub I felt he brought some energy to midfield.

His injury at start of this came at a bad time, his return coinciding with downturn in Forest performances.

Felt GB having Cash on right wing v Leeds made a huge difference. This was followed by a great game v Arsenal and a reasonable game in a difficult match v Villa.

He is turning in to a real handful for defenders as he showed in the lead up to Lichaj goal v Arsenal and Oz goal yesterday. He also provides good cover in front of the fullback and thus has eased Walker out of squad.

If he keeps developing could have a good one. He does remind me of Stone the way he takes defender on. If only McKay could turn in to Robbo?

I'd not made the connection, but Steve Stone is a good comparison.

I think he he fits the right midfield role better than Burke who always seemed like he would be better off in a team that played three up front, which if you don't have an equivalent on the left, doesn't quite work.

Sniffer Dog - 21/1/2018 11:31

Have to give props to Lichaj for once yesterday, he dealt with Jota brilliantly which gave Cash freedom.

Disappointed by the sacking, I think it was a poor decision from a footballing perspective but I'm not privy to anything behind closed doors.

As for our chairman I have reservations still, even if we put aside his alleged criminal conduct the jury is still out. On the negative side is the sacking and to date minimal investment on the plus is putting in some much needed structure.

Similarly Karanka stylistically isn't my cup of tea, I'll never love dour football no matter how organised or efficient. However if he can compromise some, especially at home I can mellow. I didn't love Billy MK1 but respected most of what he did, if that's repeated or bettered I'll be happy - if not in love.

One swallow and all that, we've still some fundamental issues to address on and off the pitch but if we do then I'll be fully behind both.

Plus he picked Fox...

Calvin Plummer - 21/1/2018 12:37

Sniffer Dog - 21/1/2018 11:31

Disappointed by the sacking, I think it was a poor decision from a footballing perspective but I'm not privy to anything behind closed doors.

As for our chairman I have reservations still, even if we put aside his alleged criminal conduct the jury is still out. On the negative side is the sacking and to date minimal investment on the plus is putting in some much needed structure.

Similarly Karanka stylistically isn't my cup of tea, I'll never love dour football no matter how organised or efficient. However if he can compromise some, especially at home I can mellow. I didn't love Billy MK1 but respected most of what he did, if that's repeated or bettered I'll be happy - if not in love.

One swallow and all that, we've still some fundamental issues to address on and off the pitch but if we do then I'll be fully behind both.

Plus he picked Fox...

Good post. Cheers :35:

Cash is much more at home on the right rather than in the centre, where he was deployed more last season. The way he leads the press and his overall work rate are outstanding.

Needs to continue to develop his technique and ingenuity to be able to play in the centre again but he looks great out wide right now. He also seems like a very positive character for the dressing room.

Very much like the Stevie Stone comparison. I'd love it if he developed into anything close to him. One of my favourite Forest players of all time.

Just for the record I'm not advocating going out and blowing wads of cash on players, I'd love to see money invested in youth facilities and scouting.

Personally I'd rather find the next Adam Clayton instead of the current 29year old expensive fading version.

I also accept it's a hit and miss process with that type of recruitment so I'm happy for the odd miss like Cummings say as long as we get a decent % right.

Cash will be the 'discovery' of the season...he knows his role nd gives 100% all the time...a pleasure to watch...nd when in the opposition half I expect something to happen..or a good cross or a dangerous shot on goal...yesterday apart from the goal assist he crossed another 3 at least good crosses in the box that could have been met with a better end product...if we find another left winger with simliar characteristic to Cash we will be laughing...nd i think that Karanka will be trying Dowell in that role...yesterday thats how we started...

That is the right side of the attack sorted by the looks of things, but what about the left?
On my last visit to Forest, luckily the QPR game, I was purring about the performance of Barry McKay.
I thought, like Polly, wow! a new John Robertson in the making, a MoM performance.
What has happened since?
I read theories about him being homesick, lacking confidence etc:-
Based upon what I saw with my own eyes, this is a complete enigma.
There is a great player in there, and let us not waste him by sending him back home.
Earlier in the season, the Press were raving about him being the find of the century.
So what has gone wrong? What is the solution?
I would love to hear any snippets, or theories Please.
Sorry to divert your thread Pope.
Mea Culpa.

Must admit,in terms of homegrown talent, how many clubs have better youngsters than us? With Worrall,Cash and Brereton we have 3 excellent young players.

Pope John XXIII - 21/1/2018 02:55

I thought this lad might actually deserve his own thread.

Is it just me or is this lad looking like he might turn out to be the revelation of the season?

Saw him in pre season against Girona (I think) and he looked excellent- put in a particularly outstanding cross and then got injured.

Seems to have picked up from there and he has been absolutely brilliant. Looks like this manager thinks the same as well

Totally agree Pope. He was excellent against the Spaniards and I was gutted for the kid when he went of injured.

It is a fair while since we have seen a player take the ball from a throw in and actually do something creative with it. I think Matty has the potential to have a blinding season.