Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-DW-Stadium-Wigan-Athletic-4-scaled.jpg

So, back on the road again, this time versus Wigan Athletic in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Wigan Athletic supporter (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Michael Skubala said in his pre-match press conference (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Big game... win today we can start to get excited. Lose and then maybe play offs start to look like a bit of a stretch. I'd take a point now though.

Morning Imps, safe travels to all going to the match. I think we could give Wigan a nasty shock today - our set-up is entirely different since we last met and they've not encountered Skubalaball. If we come out fast, an early lead and some steady defending will do the trick nicely. They're not especially leaky at the back, it seems, so not much to choose between us in theory...but the lads have their tails up after a good run and this might be the difference.

Come on you Imps!!

Hoping for a good performance again today - if we can stay solid at the back, not give away any silly set piece goals and be quick on the counter, you never know! I'll be very happy with a point however

UTI

I'd take a point. We'll need an error-free performance as the opposition are fast improving and will be back in the Championship blowing money yet again in a year or two.

Letting the train take the strain today, the 10.30am from Euston. Fancy us to get at least another point on our travels.
It amazes me the effort some put in to watch the mighty imps. There is a guy who sits 3 seats down from me in St Andrews ( yes I'm old school) who travels up from Bournemouth. He's not there every game but he is most. Unreal

Last time I saw the Imps win was at Wigan, been to about a dozen games since (I'm seriously plastic compared to that gentleman from Bournemouth).

A point would be good but to end that winless run at the same ground would be very apt.

My first time to this ground (last time at Wigan was Springfield Park), so hoping for a good, encouraging performance, and a draw would be a good result

Setting aside Wigan's point deduction, the two sides are pretty evenly matched, can we overturn home advantage?

Strong winds forecast during the match and heavy rain later, travel safe everyone.

Listening brief for me today also. Way too much decorating to do before xmas (orders from the highest authority in the house).
Won't be an easy game this and the conditions sound like they will play a part in proceedings. Safe travels to all supporters going to matches today.