Match Thread v Wolves | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread v Wolves

Its not only playing out from the back, you also need to be able to defend to the outside as well. I am not critising Neco, he is progressively getting better, but his strengths are still going forward - we need a right sided central defender who can tackle in the channel

We definitely do - I’m not quibbling the need for a new Centre half in the summer… it’s probably become top priority, but for me, we are losing pretty much every aerial ball that comes into our box and getting someone in who can dominate and organise in that area is of greater importance - 21 goals conceded from set pieces.. it’s absolutely embarrassing!

We definitely do - I’m not quibbling the need for a new Centre half in the summer… it’s probably become top priority, but for me, we are losing pretty much every aerial ball that comes into our box and getting someone in who can dominate and organise in that area is of greater importance - 21 goals conceded from set pieces.. it’s absolutely embarrassing!
I agree. I think the statistic on Match of the Day was 22 from set- pieces, which is 6 above the next team (which I think is Burnley). Or putting it in percentage terms, Forest have conceded 40% more set- piece goals than the side second from bottom. That is a really damning statistic.

Last edited:
I agree. I think the statistic on Match of the Day was 22 from set- pieces, which is 6 above the next team (which I think is Burnley). Or putting it in percentage terms, Forest have conceded 40% more set- piece goals than the side second from bottom. That is a really damning statistic.

Exactly. I’m not exaggerating when I say that when the ball goes out for a corner, I’m crossing my fingers we don’t concede and it feels 50/50. Just knew wolves were gonna level from the one they did.

According to WhoScored its 21 goals from set pieces. I don't know if that counts things like the Liverpool goal, where the ball came out from a corner and was recycled back into the box for a goal.

However, the Premier League in total have conceded 199 goals from set pieces. Just over 10% of all the set piece goals in the league have been scored against Forest, and we've conceded more than double the average.

Tarkowski is one of the best headers of the ball on the league.

Dyche will just pump balls into the box all day. They have the most goals from set pieces in the league

our achiles heel, like spurs's is leaving big holes behind the fullbacks to be exploited. top ten for chances conceded in open play so its shame for them as playing well overall, each of them. i have to put this down to coaching, even just lining 5 across the goal line would clearly be more effective :/

What’s worse is, we must also be one of the worst for conceding corners… it’s incredible - you’d think given how shit we are at defending them, we’d at least work on trying to concede less, but we can’t seem to stop an attack with giving a corner away

What’s worse is, we must also be one of the worst for conceding corners… it’s incredible - you’d think given how shit we are at defending them, we’d at least work on trying to concede less, but we can’t seem to stop an attack with giving a corner away
Only conceded one corner against Wolves, but that meant we conceded a goal.