Match Thread v Wolves | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread v Wolves

Whatever happens over the rest of this season & whichever league we are in next season I'm afraid that I don't have much faith in Nuno and wouldn't want to go into next season in either league with him at the helm. Just listening to his post match & it's completely uninspiring

They will get their arses handed to them in the Championship, too. There are some obvious reasons we are deep in the shit:

We have been missing our best and aerially dominant CH, Boly. It shows just a little.

Our number 9 is made of biscuits and never available.

Our 35 million pound star signing has contributed nothing.

We spent half the season with Sunday League goalkeepers.

We have the worst away record in the history of the world.

What a calamity. Enjoy the last 5 games of MGW.
Just got home but pretty much this.

We played ok but I don't care because it doesn't matter anymore. Performances count for shit, results count for everything. This result was not good enough.

We have to win at least two out of three away games now and we simply are not going to do it, in my opinion.

We had to win this one.

In the end, you never know how valuable a point will be but I just can't see it being enough.

I think we will be relegated and god knows how many years I will need to wait to see us at this level again.

Last time we went down because we were shite. This time we are not shite. It boggles the mind that we are going down because we can't defend corners. Fucking corners!

Fuckin hated to see MGW taunting the Wolves fans so early. It was always going to bite us on the arse, with one of theirs doing his celebration.

Last time we went down because we were shite. This time we are not shite. It boggles the mind that we are going down because we can't defend corners. Fucking corners!
It must be bordering on negligence by this coaching team & their predecessors that they have not been able to improve that part of the game that must be one of the easiest to improve because generally set pieces follow a predictable pattern.

Brian Laws just made the point on the radio, that if you go man for man marking at set pieces then it is easy to identify where the problems are, but we persist with zonal marking nonsense, & our players just don't react quickly enough to what's happening. We are actually worse at defending set pieces than last year

Forest
It must be bordering on negligence by this coaching team & their predecessors that they have not been able to improve that part of the game that must be one of the easiest to improve because generally set pieces follow a predictable pattern.

Brian Laws just made the point on the radio, that if you go man for man marking at set pieces then it is easy to identify where the problems are, but we persist with zonal marking nonsense, & our players just don't react quickly enough to what's happening. We are actually worse at defending set pieces than last year
wouldn't they have been better off hiring Sam allardyce in consultancy rather than Clattenberg !!!!??

Everton have zero chance of battering us. They are also woeful with little to no attacking threat. The question is can go there, get a lead and fucking defend it? If we dont we are down
Probably not.

They have Calvert-Lewin, McNeil, Doucoure, Beto.

They have plenty of players who can score from a corner.

The reason they don't score often is because they don't play Nottingham Forest every week

We’re going down because we have an impatient hierarchy.
We’re going down because I suspect we haven’t had a single vision transfer policy.
We’re going down because someone likes signing expensive gambles that, shocker don’t come off.
We’re going down because it’s taken 17 attempts to sign a goal keeper.
We’re going down because we haven’t the right coaching set up behind the scenes.
We’re going down because we arrogantly broke the rules.

I admire and respect EM for the way he has invested in the club.
But he has got to question, even for his own sake some of the decisions made this season at this club.
To be relegated this season given the quality at the bottom, piss poor.

Probably not.

They have Calvert-Lewin, McNeil, Doucoure, Beto.

They have plenty of players who can score from a corner.

The reason they don't score often is because they don't play Nottingham Forest every week
Could use Boly for that game on DCL, but I have to say Oma and Murillo are a hell of a potential CB pairing for the future.

Sels and whoever allowed Kilman the free header at the corner was a disaster. DCL was the best aerial threat in the PL a year or 2 ago, and you know he will get a couple of chances next week

5 games left now. Straight shoot out.

Forest are 2 points ahead (+1 and the Goal difference)

This is what i think :

Everton (a) - L
City (h) - L
Blades (a) - W
Chelsea (h) - D
Burnley (a) - W

Total = 7 points

This gets us to 33.

Luton :

Brentford (h) - W
Wolves (a) - D
Everton (h) - D
WHU (a) - L
Fulham (h) - W

Total = 8 points

This gets them to 33

Forest survive on GD.

Last day nerves.

Although, I also think we might get one point back.