MATCH THREAD v Wolves 17th Feb 3 pm | Page 21 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Wolves 17th Feb 3 pm

The main bone of contention still remains our defensive limitations. I've come to the conclusion that it'll not change under Ange, if anything it's got even worse. I think we can tolerate that to a certain extent if we can bang them in at the other end but that isn't happening & hasn't looked like it will for some time now.

Ange is slap bang in the middle of a rebuild but there are a number of concerns that need to be addressed. They shouldn't be readily dismissed as something that ought to be accepted, that's only gonna prove to be a recipe for disaster further down the line. He needs to prove he can fix these issues or else i wouldn't entrust him with another penny of my money. He's been backed, let's see what he can make of the current situation before throwing even more money around like confetti. This is not just down to personnel. It goes much deeper than that.

Jews being attacked on the streets.
Knife crime by kids off the richter scale.
Christians being harassed for preaching the gospel.

I'm not surprised with the current state of affairs at all. Who are the current political leaders in England, Scotland & Ireland? Who is the current Mayor of London? I rest my case.
Totally agree, but think you posted it on the wrong thread!

The main bone of contention still remains our defensive limitations. I've come to the conclusion that it'll not change under Ange, if anything it's got even worse. I think we can tolerate that to a certain extent if we can bang them in at the other end but that isn't happening & hasn't looked like it will for some time now.

Ange is slap bang in the middle of a rebuild but there are a number of concerns that need to be addressed. They shouldn't be readily dismissed as something that ought to be accepted, that's only gonna prove to be a recipe for disaster further down the line. He needs to prove he can fix these issues or else i wouldn't entrust him with another penny of my money. He's been backed, let's see what he can make of the current situation before throwing even more money around like confetti. This is not just down to personnel. It goes much deeper than that.

If you are a manager of Celtic, you don't have to defend.

Maybe he's forgotten how to set up a defence haha

our whole club has fallen into a system of build from the back so slowly that everyone and the team opponents bus driver can find time to go get a coffee and a bun and then take up their positions ready for the boot over the top ... it happened in the Under games and the Women's defeat as well (although they unfortunately are the worse as many do not have the necessary ball skills to get out of it) - they are back to not being able to create good open scoring chances.

This week was woeful at best for entire club

our whole club has fallen into a system of build from the back so slowly that everyone and the team opponents bus driver can find time to go get a coffee and a bun and then take up their positions ready for the boot over the top ... it happened in the Under games and the Women's defeat as well (although they unfortunately are the worse as many do not have the necessary ball skills to get out of it) - they are back to not being able to create good open scoring chances.

This week was woeful at best for entire club

It has occurred to me how the current Ange-ball uses most of the team's pace defensively and minimal amounts offensively. I can only think of Kulu that hasn't really got pace out of our main players. This is the most pacy squad we've had in years.

It has occurred to me how the current Ange-ball uses most of the team's pace defensively and minimal amounts offensively. I can only think of Kulu that hasn't really got pace out of our main players. This is the most pacy squad we've had in years.
plus we get caught down dead end wings most of the time - we rarely change from that system

Exactly & yet we're not taking advantage of it by exploiting the wings. We're constantly knocking on the front door, ever so politely, asking them to let us in. No good threatening to blow their house down when we don't have the tactical nous in order to do so. I say this after observing the last 3 games that Ange has taken charge of.

I dunno SP our scoring stats, ain't too bad you know, we're currently 5th on 52 goals, with Pool, Arse, Man C above us the highest being 58 goals, now eachof those teams has at least 6 pens in those goals to our 1.
Were doing OK scoring wise in my book.

I dunno SP our scoring stats, ain't too bad you know, we're currently 5th on 52 goals, with Pool, Arse, Man C above us the highest being 58 goals, now eachof those teams has at least 6 pens in those goals to our 1.
Were doing OK scoring wise in my book.

Doing OK is about where we are. The real story is that our expensively assembled team have only scored more than 2 goals in a game 4 times this season. Arsenal have done it 10 times in all comps and they haven't even got a number 9. City have done it an amazing 20 times this season, whilst Pool are one behind on 19. Even Villa are at 12 inc EL. I know those teams have played more games than us across the different comps though.

What we need is another Burnley or Newcastle game to lift the spirits. That Sonny hatrick away at Burnley stays in my mind. A lower team bossed completely away from home and dispatched nicely.

We need to look convincing against Fulham, Luton and Palace in March, knowing the away Villa game is the toughie. Minimum 10 points.

Doing OK is about where we are. The real story is that our expensively assembled team have only scored more than 2 goals in a game 4 times this season. Arsenal have done it 10 times in all comps and they haven't even got a number 9. City have done it an amazing 20 times this season, whilst Pool are one behind on 19. Even Villa are at 12 inc EL. I know those teams have played more games than us across the different comps though.

What we need is another Burnley or Newcastle game to lift the spirits. That Sonny hatrick away at Burnley stays in my mind. A lower team bossed completely away from home and dispatched nicely.

We need to look convincing against Fulham, Luton and Palace in March, knowing the away Villa game is the toughie. Minimum 10 points.
As ever i expect we'll be wholly unpredictable as per usual.

We need to sort our defending out. Once we do, the rest will follow.

💯SP we need to sort defending out as we concede from far to few chances.
Yup Mutters, I suppose we haven't given teams, a damn good thrashing lately.
However my query is ref Arse, Liverpool, Man C, and their 'pens awarded,' how many of those pens, were the 'important goal' the opener, the second which gives, a breather, or the last minute winner, which turns, a draw into a win?
You can't simply write these ref decisions off, and say other teams are doing well, if they are getting an odd leg up.
Man C were top for pens awarded last year, they along with Arse are pretty high up on pens this year too, like it or not, it does have a difference in games won.
Sinece the Liverpool game I do feel we have been on the, wrong end of many decisions, as if some how it's, 'pay back' for 1 goal we got away with.

💯SP we need to sort defending out as we concede from far to few chances.
Yup Mutters, I suppose we haven't given teams, a damn good thrashing lately.
However my query is ref Arse, Liverpool, Man C, and their 'pens awarded,' how many of those pens, were the 'important goal' the opener, the second which gives, a breather, or the last minute winner, which turns, a draw into a win?
You can't simply write these ref decisions off, and say other teams are doing well, if they are getting an odd leg up.
Man C were top for pens awarded last year, they along with Arse are pretty high up on pens this year too, like it or not, it does have a difference in games won.
Sinece the Liverpool game I do feel we have been on the, wrong end of many decisions, as if some how it's, 'pay back' for 1 goal we got away with.
Niall I ave been say the same, since Klippity did dance, we have got nout from the Refs or VAR.