Match Thread v Grecians | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread v Grecians

Solid home win against a poor Exeter side.

Morgan outstanding today, proving me wrong for doubting him. Norburn is playing better too. All though it’s away from home in the league when them two like to go sideways/backwards all the time.

Thought Coulson gave a solid enough debut and an upgrade on Vital favourite Dominic Thompson.

I’d have kept Joseph on today to try and get a goal he desperately needs, made some good runs especially in the first half but the final ball to him wasn’t good enough.

Thought Casey had a good game today as well.

So it looks like Kenny has walked out because Norburn after all the pomp and ceremony of signing him has to be given the starting place in front of a far, far better player. This stinks. So much for loyalty too.

That first 40 minutes for me was as bad as we have played this season and we've had some shockers! If it wasn't for them 2 Albie Morgan strikes we could have seen another, turgid, negative 0-0 against the Grecians.

Coulson looked OK, a few good gives and flicks. He does, as the Boro fans said, fall over for no apparent reason.

Casey did everything right, nothing wrong. What a talent he has become.

Connolly did OK. Husband mediocre. Grimmy OK too.

Rhodes had another off day, Joseph too did his usual dashing all over the place without ever looking like a striker. I reckon he needs dropping, but that won't help either. We are missing Beesley. He can play the no.9 or no.10 and he scores. He holds it up and has physicality. Joseph is way off still.

Dembele too was nowhere near as effective as he has been. CJ won't make a challenge.

Yes it was a win but we were not convincing at all. Drop Norburn for Virtue and at least we won't be going back to the keeper when we are on the edge of the box attacking. 🤦

Have no idea what is going on with Kenny. Its like him being in the squad last Wed was as a punishment. I'm still resigned to him going.
Thought today we weren't at our best, but will gladly take the 3pts.
Rhodes head seemed to go down after that shocking penalty.
Pleased for Morgan, the kast month he has shown us what ge is capable of. I make that 4 for him this season.
Boro lad, couple of little bits, was surprised to see him start.
Nothing for Grimmy to do today.
Dembele very quiet, bar that pass to Rhodes for the pen.

Re Beesley, he said at first they thought he had broken bones but a scan this week gave good news and he is hoping to restart his way back in a couple of weeks.

For me this is the type of game that I've seen us not win over the years.

On to Wed.