Match Thread: Torquay United V Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Torquay United V Lincoln City

I love it when you read what other team's fans are saying about your players. Every week it's slagging Rheady off after he has mugged off their centre halves or ill informed drivel "I have it on good authority..." (no you don't, see The Fishy).

Just need to keep plugging away and winning games. We've got a lot more bottle than previously that's for certain.

Steve O'Dare - 22/11/2015 09:47

I really couldn't care less what the Codheads say about us. It is probably as meaningless and trivial as what we say about them. The only thing that matters is picking up enough points and winning enough games to get us out of this league!
Agree 100% steve lets concentrate on what we are doing before we worry about anyone else. I dont look at other sites , just concentrate on what the mighty Imps are up to :gent:

A bit of a strange match but we took over for half an hour and that was that. First 15 we were slow out of the blocks. Then we score an identikit goal to the previous week. Good delivery from Tempest and Waterfall with a comfortable header. You feel he has more goals in him this season. In fact i would try and target up to 10. We then completely took over with a good mix of long and short passing. Usual flick on from Rheady and Hearn who looked sharp today was in on it like a flash. We then hit the woodwork three times, had two goals disallowed and missed an open goal. Muldoon had also previously forced their keeper into a good save . Half time, well 5-0 would not have flattered us. We could not sustain such excellence, and in fact in the second half Torquay played well and showed a lot of spirit. We worked hard, but the Gulls put us under sustained pressure. Luckily for us, they gave us the third goal which was a calamity for the defender and keeper. In the next attack, they broke quickly and i think one of our defenders slipped or missed a crucial tackle, i couldn't see who it was, but it left Farman exposed. We did then see out the last few minutes pretty comfortably.
Positives a plenty, good team spirit and hard working performance. Farman was his usual solid self, Howe and Waterfall ( Whitehawk apart) are looking as commanding a centre back pairing as i have seen in an imps shirt for a good few years. Power and Stanley worked their socks off, Muldoon and Tempest both did well especially Tempest who gave us good balance on the left and has a good dead ball delivery. Rhead and Hearn combined well all game. The big man was class and Hearn looked sharp. ( one goal, two disallowed and he hit the inside of the post). The only negative for me was Hawkridge, who came on and weakened the team, he was just not on it at all. A very professional performance and they could not lived with our purple patch. A Very satisfied Somerset imp. UTI

Forgot to mention Bradley Wood, How could i forget him? The guy would run through a brick wall for the cause. Just the kind of player you want to be seeing pull on an imps shirt.

Two excellent posts PWould. I'll try and match them for you after the Boreham Wood game on Wednesday which will be only my second away game this season after Braintree in August, and we all know what happened there!

As for Waterfall, I think he will go on to score more regularly now that he has found his scoring head and boot; I'd even go as far as to say he'll get as many as Ben Futcher did back in the day when he was top scorer for the season with 13 if I remember correctly.

The delivery for corners has been better leading to waterfalls goals! Which is tempest! Can see more coming
Rhead
Waterfall
Or Howe 3 big and good targets!