MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home

Shame we are not playing them this coming weekend after their midweek exertions in Munich.
They still have to play Wolves (A) on Saturday and Chelsea (H) next Tuesday. And if they qualify for the semis of the CL, I believe the NLD will brought forward a day to the Saturday.

They undoubtedly will have fatigue. We, on the other hand, having spent another fortnight doing nothing, will lack match fitness.

They still have to play Wolves (A) on Saturday and Chelsea (H) next Tuesday. And if they qualify for the semis of the CL, I believe the NLD will brought forward a day to the Saturday.

They undoubtedly will have fatigue. We, on the other hand, having spent another fortnight doing nothing, will lack match fitness.
This Morning I was told that Maddison, Bissouma and Bentancour are all struggling with post injury/ fitness issues yet again - I guess we'll know if that's accurate soon enough, chuck Porro, Udogie and Richi into that pot, and it's not such a rosy prep for this game.

Of course, we have time but these fitness issues seem to be dragging on and on - Madds hasn't managed 90mins now since Feb.

Last edited:
We have 2 weeks to devise a game plan, practice it and get prepared. Time for the coaching staff and the players to earn their highly inflated salaries
They should all know the relevance of the NLD.

I honestly do not see their players being vastly superior to ours with the exception of probably Rice so it comes down to who wants it more.
They have 3 games between now and the NLD. Away to Bayern, Away to Wolves and Home to Chelsea. They will need to navigate fatigue and hope that injuries don't take their toll.

Don't it seem funny that 2 players with trans' of £100m+ left their relevant sides to win the League Winners Trophy in 2 diff' leagues, both ave failed. lol!

We have 2 weeks to devise a game plan, practice it and get prepared. Time for the coaching staff and the players to earn their highly inflated salaries
They should all know the relevance of the NLD.

I honestly do not see their players being vastly superior to ours with the exception of probably Rice so it comes down to who wants it more.
They have 3 games between now and the NLD. Away to Bayern, Away to Wolves and Home to Chelsea. They will need to navigate fatigue and hope that injuries don't take their toll.
It's interesting that you pick only Rice as the standout player from the two sides. If I was picking a best eleven from the two teams based on current form the most Tottenham players I could select is four and two of those - Udogie and Maddison - are dubious calls.

Vicario
White Saliba VdV Udogie
Odegaard Rice Maddison
Saka Jesus/Havertz Martinelli/Jesus

Richarlison, based on his form before his injury, could make a claim for the number 9 spot. I've never been convinced by Jesus.

It's interesting that you pick only Rice as the standout player from the two sides. If I was picking a best eleven from the two teams based on current form the most Tottenham players I could select is four and two of those - Udogie and Maddison - are dubious calls.

Vicario
White Saliba VdV Udogie
Odegaard Rice Maddison
Saka Jesus/Havertz Martinelli/Jesus

Richarlison, based on his form before his injury, could make a claim for the number 9 spot. I've never been convinced by Jesus.

Vicario
Porro Romero VdV Udogie
Odegaard Rice Maddison
Saka Havertz Son

No rose tinted specs. I’d genuinely pick 7 of our players in a combined 11.

Raya Vs Vicario, White Vs Porro
and Saliba Vs Romero are tight calls
but I’d take our boys all day long.

We are a tweak in tactics and maybe 3 or 4 players away from something special imo.

Vicario
Porro Romero VdV Udogie
Odegaard Rice Maddison
Saka Havertz Son

We are a tweak in tactics and maybe 3 or 4 players away from something special imo.
The very notion of any of them playing in our shirt is making me feel a little nauseous.

We need to make this match a 90-minute tear up. By the time Arsenal arrive it's the last thing they will want.

What impressed me most about the way Howe set Newcastle up against us was the intensity of their players all over the pitch. Not one of our players had any time on the ball and we were second best in just about every duel. They didn't allow us to get any rhythm and we were hurried and hassled into everything we tried to do.

I also thought the positioning of his players when Vicario was looking to play out from the back was excellent. They blocked off Vicario's normal plays so he had to choose between a very risky short pass or go long which inevitably meant we conceded possession.

We need to bring Newcastle's approach to Arsenal. Don't let them settle and don't let them get a stranglehold in the game. Fitness-wise and with 5 subs, it's one area we should have the edge.

Last edited:
Vicario
Porro Romero VdV Udogie
Odegaard Rice Maddison
Saka Havertz Son

My team beats your team. :giggle:

Rice definitely, but there are very few players in the PL who have matched Saka's level of performance throughout the season, and the same pretty much applies to Odegaard.
I take your point that on paper, player for player, we probably match Arsenal. Unfortunately we are seldom as good on the pitch as we are on paper. With Arsenal it tends to be the other way round, but I do get the impression that they've had a long season and are maybe running out of steam.

Rice definitely, but there are very few players in the PL who have matched Saka's level of performance throughout the season, and the same pretty much applies to Odegaard.
I take your point that on paper, player for player, we probably match Arsenal. Unfortunately we are seldom as good on the pitch as we are on paper. With Arsenal it tends to be the other way round, but I do get the impression that they've had a long season and are maybe running out of steam.
Saka is a bloody cheat, I think anyway!

Saka ain't been great. He's been good but he's had a lot of games where he's done nothing.

He was better last season IMO.