Match Thread: Stoke City v Aston Villa, 23/2/19 3pm | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Stoke City v Aston Villa, 23/2/19 3pm

My point remains sirdennis, I'll be grateful to our coaches and manager (whoever, whenever) when they can have two decent 45 mins. I no longer feel compelled to look to praise anyone at Villa, for playing one decent half v a poor opposition and getting just a draw.

If I was a player right now, I'd be ashamed to take my wages and to hide behind the fact we don't have Jack in the team.
When did we actually DOMINATE a game, apart from the luminaries of Rotherham at home?

Our players don't have it in them, not sure why, but they don't. Some of it comes from within, some from the manager/coaches (that seems to be causing some controversy strangely) and some from the culture at the club.

All looks too laid back and that has to change. And as Gary Thompson said on Radi WM fans shouldn't be expected to accept the unacceptable

Yup.From experience coaching can be very frustrating at times. You can talk to players , teach them , show them , video them and play it back , but then they go out in to a game situation and make the same mistake and you pull your hair out.

There comes a point where you just realise that the player can't do what you want and think about replacing him. That is the case at the level of sport I coach and I am sure it is the case at elite level as well.

Do both Mings and Hause loans have options to buy?

If so, great. My memory is not working at the moment so I have no clue!

Hause is an option to buy; Mings is an opportunity for us to match any other bids. But then it's down to the player and whether he wants to sign permanently for a mid-table Championship club.