Match Thread: Stevenage v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Stevenage v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Lamex-Stadium-Stevenage-5-scaled.jpg

So, back on the road again, this time versus Stevenage in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Stevenage supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Well, there won't be a Q&A this week because the wrong set of questions have been answered.

There is no summary of what Skubala said either. What a crap pre-match this is...

Buzzing for today and just down the road for me so glad I get to see the first game under Skubala. Intrigued to see what tweaks he makes.

Biggest concern is he can’t turn around our poor defending from corners in a few days and they will be very strong in that.

The most interesting aspect today is the reaction of the players - will they rouse themselves into a mild trot at some point or continue to play walking football? There should be more energy if nothing else.

Well, there won't be a Q&A this week because the wrong set of questions have been answered.

There is no summary of what Skubala said either. What a crap pre-match this is...
Well, the Q&A has now been published but no summary of what Skubala said ahead of the match. I'm very much a momentum person and currently have none.

Tough game to start off his tenure and I’d certainly take a point now
Feels a big appointment for us so will watch with interest how we set up today
Players need to put a shift in and stop pissing around defending corners
Cmon you mighty Imps

Said in the manager thread it’s a horrible first game. Worse than Pompey or Bolton away where you may expect a defeat.

Stevenage are so direct I can see him sticking with the 5 at least for today as it’s what the players are used to. Would hope the balance of the team will be better today with Vale as striker.

That said, we absolutely can go to Stevenage and win if we can stand the physical battle which we do have the players for.

UTI.

Baptism of fire for MS coming up against an Evans side!

The team basically picks itself in the main doesn't it, not much room for manoeuvre anywhere really.

This is the most difficult first fixture he could have asked for, in at the deep end of proper big boys' football! I would absolutely take a point now.

Pragmatism. If we see that today, it will be a start and shows the players are listening

I still think we'll see some backs to the wall defending, because of the ingrained defensive mindset.

I can't think of a manager I dislike more than Evans and his equally odious sidekick Raynor.
His behaviour during his first spell at Boston seems to have been forgotten, not to mention his touchline antics.
Evans is a character like the Kray twins were!