Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Yeovil Town | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Yeovil Town

Shrewsbury

Want a bigger crowd, a decent game and to see how much better Alex Woodyard is compared to Jon Nolan.

Mmmm, in theory better chance of winning (more prize money) v less chance of winning (more gate receipts). Personally don't think there is much in it money wise and although I obviously want us to win for me I'm looking forward to the occasion against whoever and will be content so long as we put in a competitive performance.

Nah, our day out at Wembley will surely be spoiled if we lose it. I remember the Cardiff finals. Yeovil should be the easier opposition, so I want them in the final.

Impalex - 27/2/2018 09:36

Davidimp - 27/2/2018 09:19

Will it be on?

According to Sky there's a pitch inspection at 12:00 but they have had the covers on since last Wednesday.
Then it's whether the roads and paths are safe, more likely these days to be called off for that.

Best case scenario will be for us to beat Shrewsbury in front of a decent crowd. Worst would be to lose to Yeovil in a near empty Wembley. Basically though we just want to win!

It will freeze as soon as the covers are removed.
Next week?
We were meant to have played Chelsea tonight originally, glad we're not brrrrr!!!

Davidimp - 27/2/2018 09:38

Will it be on?

According to Sky there's a pitch inspection at 12:00 but they have had the covers on since last Wednesday.
Then it's whether the roads and paths are safe, more likely these days to be called off for that.

Heath and Safety gone mad . Never caused a problem in the good old days of football. Still have to go shopping and to work. Why not football . Fcuking daft

cheshireimp - 27/2/2018 13:31

Davidimp - 27/2/2018 09:38

Will it be on?

Heath and Safety gone mad . Never caused a problem in the good old days of football. Still have to go shopping and to work. Why not football . Fcuking daft

Totally agree, Chesh. I notice that Greater Anglia trains have now decided to try to run a full service for the rest of today; why reduce it in the first place until you actually know what you are dealing with!

Imagine today's railway companies dealing with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ugIoMD495E

Those were the days!

Impalex - 27/2/2018 18:13

Imagine today's railway companies dealing with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ugIoMD495E

Those were the days!

Today, of course, they'd just cancel all the trains!