Match Thread Sheffield United v Blackpool | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread Sheffield United v Blackpool

Absolutely gutted for our boys. We deserved to win that game easily, Joke referee, complete arseole. We were ROBBED BADLY.. I would have taken a point before the game, but we were that good we definitely deserved more. Proud of our lads today UTMP.

If Watford wasn't the turning point in our season, today definitely was. In the last four games against top teams we've only got 5 points but the performances have been really decent

Agree totally. The good thing coming out of the last few games, if not the points we deserve, is that now we should all truly believe. Keep playing with the skill, passion and desire that has been on show and we will climb up this table and preserve our Championship status.

*it will also keep MichaelP quiet which will be a blessing!

5th Oct 2022

I should point out that Blackpool FC in the Championship on the 19th October 2021(season 2021/22) had a total of 15 points after having played 12 games(under Critchley). We are presently only 3 points adrift, being only 1 win away from that 2021/22, 12 game tally.

IMHO--don't panic yet folks. The time to refocus (if need be), will be after the West Brom game on the 1st of November, if we have not picked up at least another 10 points* (3 wins and a draw out of the next 6 games). Then, I would be more concerned.

1) v Watford at Bloomers--------POOL 3-1 WIN +3 points*
2) v Sheff Utd at Bramall Lane---POOL 3-3 DRAW +1point*
3) v Hull at Bloomers
4) v PNE at Bloomers
5) v Coventry at CBSA
6) v West Brom at the Hawthorns

Keep the faith---the team are beginning to gel---our game is presently on the up. The last thing we should be doing at this present time is to pot our Manager which will create another big problem that the Team and the Club don't yet need.

Sheffield Utd could well be in for a shock come the weekend. (I think we surely rocked and shocked them).

15th Oct 2022

What an exciting game from both teams--end to end play of a high standard.

We should have had all 3 points had the referee not lost the plot in the 2nd half. He ruined what was an excellent game from both sides. I have never seen so many blatant fouls not given when there has been no advantage played. Maxwell was outstanding and my MOM closely followed by Yates, Lavery and Eckky. Not one Pool player would have got less than a 9 from me. Well done the Pool. Three red cards--oh dear. That may come back and bite us in the next couple of weeks, making team selection more difficult. It will certainly be of benefit to Dull in our home Wednesday midweek game.

In S.S. we trust. --- in Michael P.---I despair. Time will but tell. UTMP

Last edited: