Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

I think there is room for Melbourne in the squad. He has never let us down and is solid cover at centre-half, left-back or left-side of midfield. If he wants to start every week I am not sure he will be happy, but as a squad player he would be very dependable.

There are three options for him playing and they are not mutually exclusive,

1) we are short of numbers,
2) he is genuinely playing for a place in the squad,
3) it is only fair to give him the opportunity to show-case his talents to open up opportunities elsewhere,
I agree, like you say - good cover for a few positions and seems pretty dependable if not spectacular.

I think there is room for Melbourne in the squad. He has never let us down and is solid cover at centre-half, left-back or left-side of midfield. If he wants to start every week I am not sure he will be happy, but as a squad player he would be very dependable.

There are three options for him playing and they are not mutually exclusive,

1) we are short of numbers,
2) he is genuinely playing for a place in the squad,
3) it is only fair to give him the opportunity to show-case his talents to open up opportunities elsewhere,
I suspect the budget won't allow it. MA's plans probably involve Melbourne leaving to free up a wage, hence making him available mid-contract.

Could be why we haven't had much movement with signing defenders? Totally agree I have always rated Max
Quite possibly, assuming MA isn't set on finding him a new club. Defence is the only area in need of beefing up/making more reliable re: availability now, really.

Toffolo's just come on for the wooden legs. They're losing 2 - 0 at Fleetwood. Found it on youtube whilst looking for our game but cba watching.