Match Thread: Reading v Lincoln City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Reading v Lincoln City

Being at the very top of Mount Reading FC I could actually look out at the fans arrivals and both of the Dent coaches arrived quite late, around fifteen minutes from kick off. Seeing the occupants getting out, a small minority were struggling to put one foot in front of the other. Not sure if this contributed to the end of match medical issue.

We're excellent at that aren't we as Imps fans... nobody ever brings up Szmodics on this board, ever. We're great at sucking that kind of thing up and not moaning about it...

Except the two cases aren't really comparable. One deliberately cheated and conned the ref, the other didn't.

Lincoln, and Moylan in particular, seem to have really sparked a lot of adverse comments amongst, not just Reading fans, but also their media about our approach to a game of football. Cheating and conning the ref in abundance. Obviously their well coached in it was said in one article. Watching the Moylan incident on the highlights its not possible to see where the ball hit him, but he supposedly winked at someone in the crowd as he got up, so to them that proved he got away with it,

Quite a cocky lot aren't they, considering the excrement they are in, still looking out for the results of Shrewsbury, Cheltenham and Burton.
Saw this on one of their forums:

I'd quite like to see Lincoln sneak promotion after today - they would get utterly humiliated in the Championship.

There's more than a whiff of the Wigan about the place.

Last edited:
An away point is always a point gained imo. They were a tough side in the game at ours before Christmas and today was no different. Great to see Freddie get his first league goal for us. Hopefully like Jovan, it will take a lot of pressure off him. We may have dropped a place, but there will be a lot more ups a downs in the final five games. What we do need to be doing though, is going into the Oxford match in the back of a Wigan victory. Should be a huge crowd and great atmosphere for that one and being midweek will be an Ifollow must. UTI 👊💥👏

I am struggling to accept this 'non-existent Moylan' thing. I was at Carlisle, another game for which he received similar comments from many; however, he was involved in everything at Carlisle, ratting around and generally making life hard for the opposition when they had possession. The coaches tell us time and time again that what a player does out of possession is just as important as what they do in possession, and Moylan has added to our pressing abilities by a significant measure.

I would add that Lincoln have conceded only three goals with Moylan on the pitch.
Agreed for yesterday - can see the defensive work he does, constantly closing angles. Still less impactful than others, but not a poor game.

I am struggling to accept this 'non-existent Moylan' thing. I was at Carlisle, another game for which he received similar comments from many; however, he was involved in everything at Carlisle, ratting around and generally making life hard for the opposition when they had possession. The coaches tell us time and time again that what a player does out of possession is just as important as what they do in possession, and Moylan has added to our pressing abilities by a significant measure.

I would add that Lincoln have conceded only three goals with Moylan on the pitch.
I have been a little ‘critical’ of Moylan, though to be accurate I just said he’d lost his edge for the last couple of games, along with Sorensen, Hackett and Taylor. I also speculated that maybe they were carrying knocks. Agreed I can only go on what I see on I-Follow and agree he has done a great job defensively. The point I was making (about losing their edge) was that they each seemed to be a little slower off the mark and not quite getting to the ball quickly or getting past their man creatively, which they were doing when we were playing superbly a couple of weeks ago. Naturally players will not ‘shine’ on top form every game, but it was just something that surprised me a little as I noticed it in the last two or three games, but it was also possibly borne out by nerves (mine) going into the last few games. 🙄

I have been a little ‘critical’ of Moylan, though to be accurate I just said he’d lost his edge for the last couple of games, along with Sorensen, Hackett and Taylor. I also speculated that maybe they were carrying knocks. Agreed I can only go on what I see on I-Follow and agree he has done a great job defensively. The point I was making (about losing their edge) was that they each seemed to be a little slower off the mark and not quite getting to the ball quickly or getting past their man creatively, which they were doing when we were playing superbly a couple of weeks ago. Naturally players will not ‘shine’ on top form every game, but it was just something that surprised me a little as I noticed it in the last two or three games, but it was also possibly borne out by nerves (mine) going into the last few games. 🙄
To be fair Reco has not been great the last couple of games. Sadly, we don't have the squad size/depth to give these lads a week off.

Watching the highlights, what was Jensen doing for the equaliser? Possibly being unfair, but it looks avoidable.
Yes, a guy his size being beaten to a high ball that close to goal. Unfortunately, some question marks over the 'keeper on that one.

While he has had 2-3 games where he wasn't as involved as we would like, I actually thought he had a good game against Reading, much-improved.