Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

Back home after a good win today. Another one of those not for the purist games but one we were pretty much in control of for the majority and one where we dug in to get the three points. At times the game became one of those which we often get dragged down to the standard of the opposition and end up dropping points. Not today as the players clearly had the game plan firmly in mind and stuck to it despite us being a little down to the bare bones again and some players running on empty in the latter stages as it did seem to be a heavy and large pitch to play on.
Good team performance I'd say with everyone playing fine and no-one especially standing out which is a good sign for the future.

I thought it was an entertaining game although low on quality, their centre back and keeper were good fun!

Where would we be if we’d had House/Taylor/Walker earlier?

I would definitely look at Garrity if they go down.

Very solid team performance and deserved three points.
Continuation of a great run. Another clean sheet. What's not to like.

There isn't many things that makes me so happy like Imps winning a game... :)

Was at the game today. A wobbly and clumsy match really - for one thing, I have no idea how Taylor got so cleanly through on goal, it felt like I looked away for a second, and suddenly he was 1v1 with the keeper. Must have been either a blinder of a pass or some suicide defending. Thought Hackett and Sørensen were quality and Mandroiu was shite. Definitely one of those games that would be 1-1 last season!

Good result. Couldn't decide in the secong half how much was Vale better than us, or how much was us dropping back. Can't argue with the outcome. My lads (Vale fans) reckon Vale are for the drop

Good result. Couldn't decide in the secong half how much was Vale better than us, or how much was us dropping back. Can't argue with the outcome. My lads (Vale fans) reckon Vale are for the drop
Us dropping off. And yes - if they carry on like that, they’re dead certs to be relegated.

Was at the game today. A wobbly and clumsy match really - for one thing, I have no idea how Taylor got so cleanly through on goal, it felt like I looked away for a second, and suddenly he was 1v1 with the keeper. Must have been either a blinder of a pass or some suicide defending. Thought Hackett and Sørensen were quality and Mandroiu was shite. Definitely one of those games that would be 1-1 last season!
Suicide free-kick, intelligently intercepted, clinically put away.

Classic 'fucking about at the back'.

Really enjoyed my day today; only downside was the rush of people who stood up 2 minutes before the game started, so that my 10 year old couldn't see the game and we had nowhere to move to where we could sit 4 people down and still be able to see the game.

Stewards did nothing, wouldn't allow us to move to somewhere out of the allotted area where we could see what we had paid for, but thankfully, the two blokes behind us allowed my daughter to stand on her seat, so we got to see the game.

It seemed we were out of possession most of the game, but were never really in danger of conceding. A few shots from outside the box, a diving save from Jensen (that he was never going to let in), and one really good smother from a close shot straight at him, other than that, it was push them across the pitch, chase them down, smother the ball if it was near our third. Other than that we just managed the game.

On our side, the first goal was funny, Bishop's attempt would have added so much salt in the wounds and O'Connor's header could easily have gone in. The penalty? Wouldn't have been too annoyed to see it not given (there wasn't a clear goal scoring chance by time the running tussle was ended) but it rounded up a really good day.