Match Thread - 'Pool v Wycombe | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread - 'Pool v Wycombe

None of us are expecting miracles, but just some sought of progress would be appreciated. 5+ years on? Please get someone to buy Sadler, it can't be any worse. At least the Oyston's didn't take the shit you do.

None of us are expecting miracles, but just some sought of progress would be appreciated. 5+ years on? Please get someone to buy Sadler, it can't be any worse. At least the Oyston's didn't take the shit you do.

I'm not a big fan of his either. I get bored with hearing from fans saying how much better everything is under St Simon. Taken as an average, the league position isn't any better. The squad isn't any better, the ground is over 5 years older, capacity reduced. The managers are decidedly worse. 5 managerial appointments in less than 4 years, 4 bad (2of which were terrible) and one quite good.

I'm not a big fan of his either. I get bored with hearing from fans saying how much better everything is under St Simon. Taken as an average, the league position isn't any better. The squad isn't any better, the ground is over 5 years older, capacity reduced. The managers are decidedly worse. 5 managerial appointments in less than 4 years, 4 bad (2of which were terrible) and one quite good.
I know, its all very well telling supporters how much money he's put into it and I can't fault his financial commitment, but its a complete nonsense if he's not invested properly. He's made some horrendous decisions, not what we should expect from a supposedly astute businessman.

Last edited:
I think, for me, the biggest disappointment about Norburn is that there was this great expectation, this hype concerning him. He was so good and Peterborough were gutted to lose him and he was going to run our midfield and consistently move the ball forward and make opportunities; commanding his team around him, a real General....

Well that didn't work did it?

We need a captain who is going to put in a shift, show some bottle, get stuck in and actually run for the ball and of course not give it away.

Sexxyboy will no doubt be pleased (not) that Virtue (making his 99th apearance - 1 more than Charlie Adam made for us) was given Man of the Match! 🤭😜
What do I remember Charlie for?
List is endless.
What do I remember Gabriel (101) and Virtue for? Injuries.

As soon as I saw the starting team line up I knew we were going to be in trouble from the off and it proved to be the case. Inclusions that didn't make any sense were Hamilton and Lavery. Beesley and Dembelee both benched ffs. Was Coulson injured? Just what is the point in continually hoofing it up to Lavery--he can't reach the headers, can't hold the ball up, can't lay the ball off, can't put the ball in the net--he just runs around like a headless chicken until he runs out of steam. Another miserable Hamilton performance but I'm sure we all knew that would be the case. Certainly a big clear out required for next season and a big injection of quality.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the starting team line up I knew we were going to be in trouble from the off and it proved to be the case. Inclusions that didn't make any sense were Hamilton and Lavery. Beesley and Dembelee both benched ffs. Was Coulson injured? Just what is the point in continually hoofing it up to Lavery--he can't reach the headers, can't hold the ball up, can't lay the ball off, can't put the ball in the net--he just runs around like a headless chicken until he runs out of steam. Another miserable Hamilton performance but I'm sure we all knew that would be the case. Certainly a big clear out required for next season and a big injection of quality.
Coulson had a knee knock from the Derby game Pete..

I think, for me, the biggest disappointment about Norburn is that there was this great expectation, this hype concerning him. He was so good and Peterborough were gutted to lose him and he was going to run our midfield and consistently move the ball forward and make opportunities; commanding his team around him, a real General....

Well that didn't work did it?
I think you nail an important point there Bob. What the team needs is a catalyst and Norburn, sadly, has not yet filled that role. Looking at our best performances this season and the number of close losses and frustrating draws one could conclude that we are not that far short....just missing an essential piece of the jigsaw to bring the best out of what we have.

Dembele was nothing short of 💩e v Wiggun and Derby. Deserved not to be starting.
Trouble is he is the only player we currently have with that creative flair / ability.
Its his first full season - Im nit surprised he is probably feeling it.
First full season for Norburn too after almost a year out.

...just missing an essential piece of the jigsaw to bring the best out of what we have.

A new manager or at the very least a calm, experienced, thoughtful no. 2 who can make Critchley see that when stuff isn't going right you don't keep sticking to the same tactics and formations that have time and time again failed miserably.

The other big factor would be to get a Charlie Adam style leader in the centre of the park. Someone who has so much belief, determination, desire and actual ability (unlike our current incumbent). Oh feck it I'm sure Charlie could still do a better job than Nogood!

Think A1 & Bear make good points about Norburn, I’m not overly impressed with him either.

I wasn’t impressed with Morgan either until around Christmas time until injury he was absolutely superb.

I’d go as far as saying Morgan has been more effective than Norburn.

I’d be happy with a middle 3 of Morgan, Byers and an attacking minded player next season (Dembele won’t be here, Carey isn’t good enough). I suppose we have that Finnigan lad if he’s going to be ready next season.

Agreed Luke. Morgan and Byers could form two out a decent midfield triumvirate. The importance of a key player to bring the best out of others can never be underestimated. Even with their immense reserves of world class talent Man City are not the same team without Rodri.