Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City

Yeah, quite funny Wycombe esque Lincoln, thugs, and they have taken a dislike to Erhahon.
He did go down holding his head when he was pushed in the middle of the back running out of our box.

I like Erhahon but it he is a sneaky little sh1t and I don't blame opposition supporters for not liking him. They will have their own Szmodics that we won't like.

Still want him on our side though.

He did go down holding his head when he was pushed in the middle of the back running out of our box.

I like Erhahon but it he is a sneaky little sh1t and I don't blame opposition supporters for not liking him. They will have their own Szmodics that we won't like.

Still want him on our side though.
Or as an Oxford fan on their forum said tonight:
"I would kill for an Erhahon in the middle".

Well, Saturday's quitters can return to the forum for Saturday now. Hope they enjoyed their evenings doing whatever else they were doing.

I detest officials who referee using cards: 12 tonight, completely ridiculous, and matches Jeremy Simpson who did exactly the same at Burton. These guys need to be taken off the league list until they understand how to run a football match.

Seriously? Wow. He should have booked at least two of their players before he showed a yellow to any of ours. He didn't show a card for the penalty, which was awful. As for the second yellow for the red, he couldn't wait to give it, and I'm not convinced it was a booking. I don't see that they have anything to really complain about, but we sure as hell do, despite the fact we won!
They have a case for the ref not playing enough time tbf... 6 mins of injury time = only about 90 seconds of football. Also wonder if O'Connor got away with one when he collided into their player.

Well, fewer chances for both sides in the second half. Mandroiu the man of the match for me, with Jensen, Erhahon and O'Connor the best of the rest, with no-one having a bad game. Didn't see much of Duffy going forward in the second half but then neither did we Sorensen.

Rather than Moylan being the sub' who was subbed I'd thought it might be Duffy being replaced by Burroughs as we sought to defend the 1-0. But of course the sending-off changed that.

With Hackett thought to have a dislocated shoulder surely we'll see Burroughs on the left at Cheltenham.

Could have been an easier win if O'Connor (especially) and Draper had taken the early chances. Hope we'll see better finishing at Cheltenham - even Taylor made a mess of things in front of goal in the split second before House was brought down for the penalty.

Well, Saturday's quitters can return to the forum for Saturday now. Hope they enjoyed their evenings doing whatever else they were doing.

I detest officials who referee using cards: 12 tonight, completely ridiculous, and matches Jeremy Simpson who did exactly the same at Burton. These guys need to be taken off the league list until they understand how to run a football match.
It was totally bonkers. I know we did a bit of the old "game management" towards the end, but it just wasn't a dirty match at all. As others have said, refereeing with cards as he did just winds the players up and exacerbates matters. Utterly incompetent.

Oxford are a horrible club with shit fans and ground. The amount of money they spend on their squad means they should always be competing for the playoffs. Their fans are entitled and silent. I thought it was an even first half but we dug in second and won an award for shithousery in the face of a hopeless official. Ehrahon immense at both football and hosiery but a quick mention to Ben House and our goalie who were also excellent.

Some really good performances. As has been said particularly Jensen, O'Connor and Mandroiu. A good word for both Sorenson and Erhahon who were a bit below par on Saturday but were also outstanding.
Feel Draper is just trying too hard and is snatching at chances at the moment. He has proved he can score good goals at Drogheda and Walsall so his time will come
There is never a bad time to score but after Oxford were dominant at the end of the first half that was a really good time to score and they got rattled and seemed to be off their game in the second half. Whether they will have another off day in the next two games I am not so sure.
Blackpool are really good at home and I have this nagging feeling we will finish a point behind Barnsley with a much better goal difference.
Injury to Hackett is going to impact us but if we bring Jackson and Bishop in for the last two that's not going to make us weaker.

Golden Glove:

1. Jensen (Lincoln) 19
2. Norris (Portsmouth), Wildsmith (Derby), Grimshaw (Blackpool) 18
5. Ashby-Hammond (Stevenage) 16

With two games remaining each, only the top four can now win it; Jensen needs one more for at least a share of the award.