Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City

Well, it could be 3-3 and the referee has been awful with decisions. They should have had 2-3 bookings so far.

Poor Duffy has been playing like a rabbit in headlights. Just playing the ball the way he is facing. No confidence whatsoever.

Decent first half though. Looks a one goal game to me.

Intense entertaining game so far. Given our injury troubles (compounded even further by another injury today) I think we’ve been good. Oxford are probably the more talented team, but we’ve really troubled them and could have/should have taken the lead. They look dangerous down our flanks.

Couple of below par performances, but with nothing to lose let’s go out giving it our best shot!

Not a bad half but Oxford by far the more composed side. Winning the second ball and had three great chances. Reecos injury is a massive blow. He was looking very sharp up to that point. We have had our chances but Freddie really should have done better with his. Hope his head doesn’t drop as a result. Big second half now. We do need to keep possession better and start picking up that second ball. There are definitely goals to be had, just hope they’re ours. Come on lads 👊💥👏

HT. Cagey first half with a couple of decent chances for each side. Shame for Reeco as he was showing early signs of wanting to be a bit more positive. MS needs to encourage a bit more composure on the ball. Duffy has got way with a couple of poor passes, which might explain why he hasn’t played a lot lately. Come on Imps - bit more confident second half and don’t put the ball in the car park 🫣

Quite a good watch as a game if you were a neutral. We are very much in this and it's looking like a 1-0 game, though I don't know if that'll be us or them yet

We are working hard to make it tough for Oxford to play against us. There have been 3 good chances for us to take the lead and a little more composure would have helped.
Michael Skubala needs to have a chat with Dylan Duffy and remind him to start playing forward rather than taking the easy option of checking and laying the ball off towards his own defence.
The curse of injuries to key players has struck again with Reeco having to go off early. Our season has been blighted by injuries.
Come on the Imps take at least one of our chances in the second half.

In the balance. We look very dodgy down the left side though.
Maybe push Ben up for Freddie and bring on either of the Jacks. Probably should have gone with Burroughs instead of Duffy, maybe put Jack at LWB and Dylan into midfield? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Intense entertaining game so far. Given our injury troubles (compounded even further by another injury today) I think we’ve been good. Oxford are probably the more talented team, but we’ve really troubled them and could have/should have taken the lead. They look dangerous down our flanks.

Couple of below par performances, but with nothing to lose let’s go out giving it our best shot!
If it had been them who had lost their winger after 10 minutes but only seems to happen to us