Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Lincoln City

I think it could be very similar to last season, in that we are very hard to beat at home, but any points gained away will be a bonus.

HT. Playing some decent stuff on the deck - not sure I’ve seen an Imps side play so much on the deck - great to see. Need a bit more accuracy in and around the box but that’ll come. Occasional sloppy passing (maybe the more ambitious passes?) but encouraging. I like the option of Jorge playing in the Bridcutt role - could be a whole new role for him. Be interesting to see the subs in the second half, but the fitness looks pretty good at this stage.

Agree with a lot of the comments, neat and tidy approach play but little end product in the final third. For me when we get near to goal I think we sometimes over play it. Not seen a lot from Hopper or Scully so far.

Some good passing play but the last ball hasn't been very good up to now, their goal came after we lost possession during an attacking throw in outside their area. Lots to work on and discuss during the break.

No Roughan, Edun or TJ, who were the standouts on Tuesday. No Bridcutt either.

Still an encouraging display, despite the final ball lacking.

Can't quite get used to an Imps team that's confident on the ball.