Match Thread - Manchester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Manchester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the team that beat City in November:

Starting XI: Lloris (c), Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Son, Kane.

From what I saw today, this should be our team

Lloris; Tanganga, Sanchez, Dier, Reggie; Hojbjerg, Ndombele; Dele, Son, Bale; Kane

We are now at the stage where we need to get the ball down and play ourselves out of this. Use the best football brains in the club. If you look closely you can see some good stuff from Dele and Bale today whilst knowing that Sissoko and Moura are a disaster. Lamela was also very poor, but first one out of 3 games. We need Gio's brain as well.

I was impressed with Japhet's touch and reading of the game. He did very well considering he was 2 on 1 a lot of the time.

Problem is, Jose can't see the wood from the trees at this point. He demonstrated that in one sub at half time.

Funny the manchester teams that we beat well at the start of the season
are now 1st and 3rd in the league...go figure

Because they started like we are playing now - We beat them playing ok'ish football whilst they were finding their feet. Now we are losing the plot whilst they have had time (and decent coaching) to get them into their stride and making us look like muppets!

I tried to approach this match with measured positivity...but I couldn't fool myself (or anyone here). End of the day, while I'm not a gambling man, I would never of put money on my Spurs (to win or score) regardless of my comments in the predictor thread. We'll be overtaken by our hated neighbours and probably Villa (and Everton have a game in hand so they'll have some daylight between us). Where (position in the table) will we be by the end of Monday?

Because they started like we are playing now - We beat them playing ok'ish football whilst they were finding their feet. Now we are losing the plot whilst they have had time (and decent coaching) to get them into their stride and making us look like muppets!

...also, I appreciate it was prob a rhetorical question

Poor performances and errors again. The pen, then Lloris throwing it in his own net. Two goals down, City full of confidence, we had no chance. Even our attack was unusually blunt. City will be champs and we gave 3 goals away from errors.
I honestly think Hart would have saved 2 of those goals, probably not the pen, Hugo got a hand to that but not strong enough.
Most of us expected to lose but these errors just keep happening.

Whilst I am optimistic we will have some positive results, I am not at all optimistic enough to think we will win the Carabo cup.....the EL or finish in top 6/7..... So I can fully believe we will again end the season pot less....not even get Europa and Jose will get booted out.... personally I would still get rid of him now, don't see the reason to wait. Just heard his post match interview....load of bollox. Too many 'once in a while' players...that outweigh the more consistent ones... Expect us to win Thurs...don't expect us to beat the Spam and that will really piss me off.... Arse will overtake us too the way its going.... Why oh fecking why cant we pass...why wont the players move...why are we a team....not all Jose.... when they cross the line I expect 100%...anything less can never be justified...ever

I didn't see any of it,was visiting a good friend who is ill,is there any point in watching MOTD lads.
No , Vinnie you are worth more than that. !

Unless you want to torture yourself and rage at the ref . , and Moura ... and lloris ,, and Mourhino , and Sanchez , or convince yourself their third goal wasn’t offside , or lucky , or our fault , or completely avoidable for so many reasons .

Moura 45 mins, 16 touches, 12 passes

Dele 30 mins, 20 touches, 16 passes

On these stats, Dele would have twice as many touches as Moura if he played regularly. If he could link up with Ndombele, who knows what could happen. They are both coachable, just like Gio. Moura isn't.

Does my head in that some parallel universe has turned up at our club and reversed the meaning of life.

There are a disproportionate amount of errors occuring at the back now. Thing is they're being hung out to dry by our midfields inability to push forward. We lose Tanguy, we lose our impetus to drive forward.

I still maintain we're only a couple of key players away from getting our s**t together again, unless that is a couple jump ship.