MATCH THREAD liverpool 16-30 Sunday | Page 20 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD liverpool 16-30 Sunday

He's testing my patience.
He's talking like he is a footballing messiah.
When he's actually done sweet FA in the grand scheme of things.
But ultimately, I agree.
We stick with him.
Feel the same. As much as I think this could all end very badly again, we have to find out now and hopefully this nightmare will end and Ange will come out of being hailed as the messiah.

But I wouldn't bet on it today.

It's hard to understand inverted wingers when you don't have a no.9 capable of stretching the defence - Son was a passenger, up until he scored his goal, but his inadequacy for the rest of the game, that we only had 9 trying to play.

Hopefully, the recruitment team will buy such spectacular players that Ange's stubbornness will pay off, but right now, unless we spend £2-300 mill it's hard to believe he can.

What a mess we are now in.
Our front threes failings are directly linked to Maddison's poor form.

It doesn't help matters that we've gone the cheap route (again) with Werner & Solomon who are nowhere near good enough. We lost out on Diaz & bought (ahem!) that pair.

Dejan & Son have switched off for the summer. They're good players but their heads have dropped due to a lack of service.

Romero is the only leader we have. Make him the skipper moving forward & let him get on with it. A pay rise to sweeten the deal wouldn't go amiss either.

Get that box to box midfielder we all crave & we'll be a lot better off for it.

We also need a proper sweeper keeper cos Vic sure as hell ain't it.

We must keep Rich fit or sell & get somebody more robust. We need that central striker to be our main focal point. It's where everything is currently falling apart.

Feel the same. As much as I think this could all end very badly again, we have to find out now and hopefully this nightmare will end and Ange will come out of being hailed as the messiah.

But I wouldn't bet on it today.

The important key question could soon become whether another 1st team manager could mould this squad into a better tactical setup. I actually quite rate the squad and believe it will be at another level again by August. It's certainly better than a squad that Emery has got into the CL. Most of the problems are tactical and buy-in based.

I still think we should proceed with releasing the budget to Ange and this setup for that reason. If we continue to buy front foot progressive players then we should be future proofed for a possible outcome where Ange falls on his sword. He'll have nobody else but himself to blame.

The important key question could soon become whether another 1st team manager could mould this squad into a better tactical setup. I actually quite rate the squad and believe it will be at another level again by August. It's certainly better than a squad that Emery has got into the CL. Most of the problems are tactical and buy-in based.

I still think we should proceed with releasing the budget to Ange and this setup for that reason. If we continue to buy front foot progressive players then we should be future proofed for a possible outcome where Ange falls on his sword. He'll have nobody else but himself to blame.
We don't need to load the squad again. We need to think smart. Bring in the key players we require, not another half dozen peeps just to make up the numbers.

If anything i do see a brighter future with our policy of moving for youth.

I too think that this squad is better than we are seeing - the problem is, they've lost belief - which I don't blame them for that.

As you say, most of the difficulties are tactical and defensive issues, that can be solved.

Let's hope he can turn it around.

Last edited:

This. Whether it works or not we should be in a better position for the next manager.

I too think that this squad is better than we are seeing - the problem is, they've lost belief - which I don't blame them for.

As you say, most of the problems are tactical and defensive issues that can be solved.

Let's hope he can turn it around.

The starting 11 is as good as it's been in years, that's not saying it can't be improved on.

It's not a team that should be conceding 14 goals in 4 games.

Excellent post Muttley!

VAR said the post did the damage …… Johnson should know better than to tackle a post . They said Gomez kicked the ball cleanly .!
, the fact that his foot was six foot off the ground ,,out of control and Johnson had nowhere to go except into the post had nothing to do with it .

Tierney has no place on a football pitch .
So bloody true Walt....100% penalty, foul/dangerous play anywhere else on the pitch, except of course certain grounds and teams.

We have all had our say regards Sonny Boy, well he is at fault for a lot of things these days...

1...Generally always slows our attacks down.
2...In possession passes the ball back
3...Hardly ever pass to a team mate, esp in the box, who is in a better position, tries to do it all on his own, taking em all on, thus losing the ball.
4...How many times does he use his head?
5...How many times do we see him backing a fellow team mate up? as in back tackling, defending always starts from the front.

At 4-2, a comeback was being tried, but there were 3 occasions where he found himself as no3 above, I will say no more, just my thoughts.

What are you thinking if you are Dragusin? Davies, Emerson, Skipp have all played ahead of him in defence recently.

Considering we concede goals on set pieces and crosses every week, you'd think Dragusin heading ability would have been useful.

I still think this squad is better suited to a Conte style of play.

I know one thing, if Conte had Venom, Porro, Romero, Dragusin, VDV, Udo as his defensive unit we would have got CL regularly.

What are you thinking if you are Dragusin? Davies, Emerson, Skipp have all played ahead of him in defence recently.

Considering we concede goals on set pieces and crosses every week, you'd think Dragusin heading ability would have been useful.

I still think this squad is better suited to a Conte style of play.

I know one thing, if Conte had Venom, Porro, Romero, Dragusin, VDV, Udo as his defensive unit we would have got CL regularly.

Yeah I have mentioned Drago regularly...poor bastard. (though to be fair this isn't the first time we have frozen out players without giving them a chance...then they inevitably move on and do great things for other teams)

Seriously....Davies....Royal...and Skippy given a go before him....like SERIOUSLY

And yes I agree if Conte had some of those players and less of the complete asshats he inherited things may have been different. But like some have said...and I agree....a group of players at this club have done a great job at getting multiple coaches fired. (some are now gone...and some still need to go)

**and good to see a post from you RD, miss ya brother!!!

Yeah I have mentioned Drago regularly...poor bastard. (though to be fair this isn't the first time we have frozen out players without giving them a chance...then they inevitably move on and do great things for other teams)

Seriously....Davies....Royal...and Skippy given a go before him....like SERIOUSLY

And yes I agree if Conte had some of those players and less of the complete asshats he inherited things may have been different. But like some have said...and I agree....a group of players at this club have done a great job at getting multiple coaches fired. (some are now gone...and some still need to go)

**and good to see a post from you RD, miss ya brother!!!
Seem to remember that most of us were on the verge of no longer wanting to watch our team anymore, with Conte's anti football nightmare tactics?
Now you want him or the same methods back?

Seem to remember that most of us were on the verge of no longer wanting to watch our team anymore, with Conte's anti football nightmare tactics?
Now you want him or the same methods back?

Nah....just saying under Conte with some of these defenders...his system may have actually worked.

Am I personally a fan of Conte's tactical approach, no....

Nah....just saying under Conte with some of these defenders...his system may have actually worked.

Am I personally a fan of Conte's tactical approach, no....
Conte knew who our targets were, so he knows they were coming, he was just too impatient and was too prone to spitting out his dummy.

He's done at pretty much every club he's ever been at, I honestly can never work out why anyone would employ these types.

Conte knew who our targets were, so he knows they were coming, he was just too impatient and was too prone to spitting out his dummy.

He's done at pretty much every club he's ever been at, I honestly can never work out why anyone would employ these types.

No argument from me....I am not a fan...