Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wycombe Wanderers

Fair result but just a shame we conceded from an unmarked header on the 6 yard line. We had numerous chances in the first 15 minutes of the second half which we failed to take and that has cost us 2 points. It was an entertaining game played with plenty of intensity from both teams. On to Doncaster now.

FT. Superb defendingby Lincoln. Lots of fight and they fully deserved at least a point. Wycombe didn’t really create anything of note. Once again a defensive error cost us. I am beginning to dislike Griffiths - the goalkeeping coach really needs to get hold of him and teach him how to come for balls which are in the air for ages. He needs to call ‘keeper’ and just come out and claim the ball. If anyone is in his way, tough shit - the guy is 6ft 24” &built like a brick outhouse - he should be cleaning up anyone who gets in his way. 🤬🤬. Anyway, back to the game & result. We have superbly stood up to the physicality of Wycombe, which will delight MA I’m sure. Norton-Cuffyhad a great debut, although he faded a bit second half, but he’ll get there. McGrandles fought for everything. Bramall terrorised the FBbut didn’t quite have the luck with the final ball. Regan Poole fought for everything and won most. Scully, again, looked just a little off his game. Maguire is determined to get himself sent off, but boy does he get under players skins. Just wish they’d show a little more composure, especially with their passing as I think they could take someone apart if they showed a little more composure. Anyway, we’ll done Imps 👍👍
Finally, the ref did well in the first half but gave us nothing in the second half and then almost lost control of the game when he wanted to let play go on several times but that just resulted in players taking advantage, which in turn led to some over physical challenges and a bit of play-acting.
I-Follow - PLEASE SORT YOUR REPLAYS OUT.How many times do they show rep,Aus while the game is going on 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Decent point. Shame we couldn't hold out, but on the other side of the coin I felt that if Wycombe scored one they would score two, so pleased they left it late to equalise. Let's try and stay unbeaten at home now.

Some good fighting spirit today but we are crucified by crosses - would have taken a point at KO, so must be happy with that. Norton-Disney looks a very good prospect and is growing in confience

Really enjoyed the game. A well deserved point although we had some nervy moments with the high ball into the area. But what can you expect with three centre half’s out either rested or injured.

All I'm saying is that Fiorini puts away that Sanders chance. Bring back fiorini.

Ref made it far more aggressive than it needed to be by making constant wrong decisions. Who knows what the red was for.

Really good battling performance from us. They played no decent football and we coped very well for 70 minutes. Unfortunately the whole team tired and we conceded a late goal that was absolutely coming. Frustrating that the fatigue and late goals are becoming a regular theme. A draw a fair result and one that I would have happily taken before the match. If I'm honest I was expecting a tanking because, going off form, we are not strong at defending balls in the box. Today, for the most part, we were excellent. 1 more point than expected. Onwards.