Match Thread: Lincoln City v West Ham United | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v West Ham United

It is a loss but we acquitted ourselves very well against a Premier league side that are doing well this season. The backing from the crowd was awesome. The Radio Lincolnshire commentary on iFollow was also enjoyable, particularly the commentator in the crowd,Grace, who had a fine local accent and was called “Ducky” by one fan, a classic Lincolnshire term of endearment. Despite the result our team has done the club a great deal of credit.

Yeh, not happy about all the goals conceded from corners this season. We need to get a grip in there. Apart from that the defending was superb tonight.

Sounded a different game after WH brought on their subs, we never really clicked after that and struggled to judge the wind as well.

All in all a decent effort. I f House had been on the pitch I think we'd have scored first half. Need a bit more precision up front for Saturday.

Mark Hone just made the point that Saturday is much much more improtatnt - I really hope we will not be the team that breaks Cheltenham's record breaking start to the season

Mark Hone just made the point that Saturday is much much more improtatnt - I really hope we will not be the team that breaks Cheltenham's record breaking start to the season

Honestly I don't mind if they score as I'd prefer a 2-1 win for us than a 0-0 draw

For ex-pats like me and anyone who can't make the game, it looks like there will be no overseas video streams to pick up unfortunately. So will be stuck with audio only.

Ex pat or an immigrant?

That will do we made a game of it had some decent chances
Everyone put in a shift and on another day with players fit we would have beaten them I believe
Pompey on Saturday followed by West Ham on Wednesday we have made strides in our game that still amazes me
Uti

Couldn’t ask for any more from the lads. Will post more when I’ve recovered

PS West Ham home to Arsenal

Didn't mention that we were missing our three first choice forwards once. Unless I missed it before the game started.

Briefly mentioned when he reported our line up with Haks and Reeco up front who he described as normally wingers. Didn't name those absent

If we had a fit striker I genuinely think we could have won that. We got into a lot of good positions but with no-one to slip it through to, we just kept going for long-range efforts. Adelakun has neither the pace nor the hold-up play to lead the line and should have been replaced at half-time really. Shame about the manner of the goal as we generally defended pretty well. Onwards and upwards but the sooner we get Walker back the better.