Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland

Rotherham 0 Shrewsbury 3.
If only we had turned up on Tuesday earlier than we did. Next up we play Shrewsbury who are on a roll. Should be an interesting game!

A good battling performance. Poole, Jackson, NC and Bramall outstanding, but Jordan Wright is a real find. and he is ours.

As good as Griffiths on his line, and his long kicking is exceptional.
We still need back up though, all it needs is someone to clatter him and we are in the poo.

Great all round team performance. Well done to all concerned. That will keep us fans getting behind the team if that is repeated every week. I still would if it wasn’t. Over the last few weeks it has shown that we are a decent team. Long may it continue.

Really pleasing how we stayed in the game when under the cosh. The Sunderland budget is probably a 1000% greater than ours, but even though at times they were better. We could have even ended up nicking and so could they in fairness.

9 points clear but 10 in theory considering the goal difference.

Really pleasing how we stayed in the game when under the cosh. The Sunderland budget is probably a 1000% greater than ours, but even though at times they were better. We could have even ended up nicking and so could they in fairness.

9 points clear but 10 in theory considering the goal difference.

Don’t forget they are the biggest club in history and by rights, shouldn't have to play us at all. Not sure whether I should put this in olive or not?

Last edited:
Excellent game of football- thoroughly entertaining 0-0 draw. Great atmosphere (ironically more Sunlan fans than Wednesday brough but I didn't see any disorder at all- credit all round).

There's nothing else to add! We were (as MA said in post match) more assured and controlled after moving to a back four from a back three/five.

Sunderland are a better team under Neil than they were under Johnson and may have had the better of the chances but we battled throughout today.

I think we needed that point more than Sunderland who really needed all three.

The last two home games show why it's imperative that we stay in league one and also that we will stay in league 1.

Fair play to MA he's shown the flexibility and compromises that I didn't think he would and he's been rewarded.

I think we'd have lost that game quite comfortably a month or so ago.

An extremely well earned point today and with the results below matching or worse we edge a little further towards safety. We didn’t really create many chances in the game but more than matched Sunderland and and other than one fine save from Wright in the second half created little themselves. Not often you home happy with a 0-0 but today was one of those days. UTI 👊💥

A great draw for us but let's be honest if they could hit the target they could have had 4 or 5 and that was just in the first half.

Great performance from Wright in goal, I said after the Rotherham game he was improving with each game. Fantastic save at the end when Sunderland actually managed to get one on target.

We dug in well, didn't create an awful lot but got a very important point on the board to edge us that bit closer to safety.

I am a bit perplexed, we made a substitution & changed our tactics mid game and were better for it. I think there’s a whole thread that would suggest this is not in our locker….

Just got back home. Not a very easy game to assess. We certainly didn't deserve all three points though very nearly snatched it with that Cullen header. Sunderland should have buried at least one of their chances in that early part of the second half but didn't. Ultimately a very welcome point where the lengthy applause from the Imps fans were probably more through a sense of relief than anything else. Lots of commitment from the team though and if that game was played even a few weeks ago it would have been lost. So well done lads overall.