Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the game live on Foxtel at 1 am. Absolutely brilliant we can have some fans in the ground - up to you guys to make lots of noise from the start and really get behind the team. Show Sunderland you don’t need 10,000 to make a lot of noise. Lincoln City FC - best club and team in the league. Let’s show the World what we can do and the latest step in our progress 👏👍

Arrived in Lincoln and gob smacked that lincoln now has 5G. o_O

Now just need Uber taxi and the City will nearly be up to date.

I'd expect that today just might be the first outdoor airing for many a home shirt bought last summer for quite a few.

How many are regretting the size choices made pre-lockdown?????

Reading the BBC preview says McGeady is likely to be fit, although I didn’t know it was ever a doubt an early reducer might be in order.

Plus he's out of contract next month and linked to current Championship teams. Might not want an injury to scupper a 'dream move'.

Going to the gym. Breakfast. First meeting at 9am. Game on at 10am with work calendar fully blocked. Meetings in the afternoon where I’ll be grinning like a nut job or a miserable bastard with no one knowing why. Crazy day. Come on Lincoln let’s put this to rest before the second leg and pull a 5-0 win for the ages.

Interested to read their manager has brought in McCombe to stand next to him in the absence of his current number 2, who is in the stands, naughty boy. Does johnson need someone to make the decisions for him?

Plus he's out of contract next month and linked to current Championship teams. Might not want an injury to scupper a 'dream move'.
I wouldn’t be over doing the emphasis on mcgready, especially as Appleton has mentioned the plan is to stop leadbitter, stop Sunderland .
I wonder if mcgrandles will man mark leadbitter, or we even put Rogers in the ten position to give leadbitter the run around. Rogers was excellent at ten against Peterborough - which must rank as one of our very best performances - for 60 minutes until bridcutt went off.

I am lucky enough to be able to attend today. I currently feel like a child on Christmas Eve. So excited, struggling to concentrate on work today. (Just hoping I get what I have wanted for 40+ years. To see the Imps in Division 2 (Championship))

So Josef Bursik makes his debut in Lincoln's biggest game for 39 years. Chance to make himself a Lincoln legend in one performance, although hopefully not like Alan Sheehan.

Status
Not open for further replies.