Match Thread: Lincoln City v Stevenage | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Stevenage

It’s a shame we couldn’t grab the win but I’m so happy with how a 0-0 against a playoff team is now a bit disappointing. Defensively we are so strong and 3 conceded in 10 is insane! Defensively strong but not in the boring Kennedy way we press opponents and still create albeit not much today but we still almost nicked it. IF we can win at Barnsley it’s not over I think.

That was a horrendous watch due to their tactics. Every ball is long, and their striker is never looking at the ball, only our striker. The only way to curb it would have been send off Reid when he clattered Jensen with no attempt on the ball.

Ref was appalling in the second half. Absolutely 1 sided in all his decisions - other than not punishing Mitchell for all his shirt holding.

Tough game and a well earned point today. Neither side really had a clear chance to score although Stevenage probably had the best chance in the first half when Jenson came out very well to narrow the angles and blocked the ball with his head. In the end another game without defeat and another clean sheet. A good point in the bag. Billy bonus seeing the tubby jester getting a booking. Another tough un at oakwell next week. Bring it on. UTI 👊💥👏

That was a horrendous watch due to their tactics. Every ball is long, and their striker is never looking at the ball, only our striker. The only way to curb it would have been send off Reid when he clattered Jensen with no attempt on the ball.

Ref was appalling in the second half. Absolutely 1 sided in all his decisions - other than not punishing Mitchell for all his shirt holding.
We could should have had a red for Ethan’s play

It’s a shame we couldn’t grab the win but I’m so happy with how a 0-0 against a playoff team is now a bit disappointing. Defensively we are so strong and 3 conceded in 10 is insane! Defensively strong but not in the boring Kennedy way we press opponents and still create albeit not much today but we still almost nicked it. IF we can win at Barnsley it’s not over I think.
Interesting that you say that: in January through February last season, we embarked upon a ten-game unbeaten run in which we kept seven clean sheets and conceded only three goals.

League One Golden Glove:

1. Will Norris (Portsmouth) 16
2. Lukas Jensen (Lincoln) 15

Final game could be interesting.

League One: Goals Conceded:

1. Portsmouth 31
2. LINCOLN 32
3. Derby 33
4. Stevenage 34

No wonder it finished goalless today. And I wonder whether the groundsman will bother putting nets on the posts for the final game?

...and not sending off Erhahon for a second bookable offence

To the Neanderthal who threw their litter down from upper 7 to lower 7 just before the match started. You hit me, just narrowly missing a young lad just behind me who would have been hit in the head. You are very brave in your pack.

Ten unbeaten, three goals conceded, seven clean sheets... and we are still just about in touch. If we can extend the run to twenty unbeaten, we are going to be very close.
For all of our unbeatenness in the last ten matches, we have gained only three points on Stevenage and they still have a game in hand.

They're niggly and cynical for sure, but so are we, they're pretty direct, but so are we. They're doing well in the league, and so are we.

I'd day we were both organised, streetwise, tough and determined and both got what we deserved. Not many teams will get the better of either of us playing like that.

Didn't expect anything else. Though game and though watch.
Clean sheet with (yet again) so many players missing is a good outcome I guess. Another game unbeaten too.
Today felt a little bit like M Kennedy was back in the dugouts 😉