Match Thread: Lincoln City v Southend United | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Southend United

** That is the fourth time in the club's history that City have won their opening four games in all competitions, and the first time since 1968-69.

The club record is five 1920-21 and 1968-69.

** It is also the ninth time they have won their opening three league games, and the first time since 1989-90 when they won the first four.

The club record is five in 1920-21 in the Midland League.

It was a demolition job - I thought 1st half we were knocking but not really creating, however took our chances and were in the ascendancy going into half time.

2nd half we ripped them to pieces. I just felt the difference today was the speed of thought, fitness of our players who were far superior than the counterparts.

In the end Southend’s hatchet men just couldn’t get near us.

Just got back from the game. Really exciting, flowing footie and great atmosphere! Payne outstanding but everyone gave100%. Bozzie solid and determined in midfield, defence dominating and lively inventive midfield. Harry didn't get a trademark dribble, but chased and won the ball back with his tenacity and speed. And the team oozed confidence. Onwards and upwards!

To the man behind me shouting all game to "get it in the box", "get rid", "stop tippy tapping about" - if we heeded your advice, we'd still be playing National League football. Instead, we've just produced one of the best attacking performances I've ever seen at Sincil Bank.

Sod off and support Gainsborough.

Brilliant team performance today, that 4th goal though, wow, awesome. Noticed at the end that Bruno didn't come over and clap the fans at the end, he seemed to be ushered down the tunnel, seemed very strange. Anyone else notice, and any idea what's going on?

Superb.

When you score 4 you should be talking about the attackers. But for me the most impressive thing had to be our shape and togetherness. Brilliant off the ball and so well drilled. Then got players now who will punish a side when they do lose it.

4 clean sheets not a fluke - teams are struggling to break us down and having to resort to long rangers.

Payne and Morrell are ace.

First thing I did after getting home was to go and book tickets for Doncaster...only to find out that there's no train services to Doncaster next weekend because of engineering works. Bit annoyed about that.

Brilliant team performance today, that 4th goal though, wow, awesome. Noticed at the end that Bruno didn't come over and clap the fans at the end, he seemed to be ushered down the tunnel, seemed very strange. Anyone else notice, and any idea what's going on?

Been happening all season- not sure what is going on?

Clinical stuff compared with the xG, took a while to get going but one way traffic for the final hour.

Attachments

• 39EC838B-8010-4E2D-ADAD-3E0B19A30AF1.jpeg
    39EC838B-8010-4E2D-ADAD-3E0B19A30AF1.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 18