Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

At least we're playing towards the frozen end this half. Will there be a twist caused by the pitch there (Desperately trying to inverse jinx something to get us back in the game).

We need a spark today. Hopper is a huge miss as not only do we not have his contribution of hold up play, but it means that Johnson isn't able to attack from deeper.
Possibly a couple of very early changes needed. Rogers and Elbouzedi to pressure their three at the back and get running at them

The problem is not the front three.

Having said that I'd be surprised if Howarth doesn't make way at half time

Agree with other comments.Hopper is a huge miss today. We really are struggling to get any foothold in the game which is mainly down to Peterborough who are managing the game very well. Bit harsh but thought Remi looked very light weight today. Scully battling well and Johnny I thought actually had a good first half. Just need to hold the ball a bit more and press on Peterborough. 45 mins to do it. Come on lads. UTI👊💥

I thought we would have been better with Scully leading the line. He is better at holding the ball than Johnson, who's game is more turn and chase. We struggled with options and outlets in the first half.

Not sure that we will see a half-time change though. MA tends to wait until the last 20 minutes.

I was thinking Kerslake as Michael is usually stood with him but seems to be on his own today.

perhaps kerslake, Walsh, hopper and O’Donnell the coach are positives from club testing and Harry got an NHS one earlier.

Michael did say the players have not been well prepared when last week he said the players would know exactly what to do at Wimbledon.

My theory is we’ve had no coaching staff this week which is why we look a little disjointed.

If Appleton wasn't back until Friday and Kerslake was off from the start of the week, then they were without much coaching for most of the week.

Really impressed with Scully - a big game and he's bringing his best.

I would be concentrating on his new contract.

Big game and I am again asking myself if Grant is going to step up?

If I were MA that's what I would be asking at half time.

I hope he can - it's the question mark I still have over him.