Match Thread: Lincoln City v Notts County | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Notts County

O'Connor looked far more comfortable in a 3 than a 2 like he was against Swindon. We also closed off the space in front of the back four having our midfield like that, which was a problem against them, and also Bury if comments from that game are correct.

Pett drops in nicely out of possession into CM, I'm not sure McCartan does, and probably wasn't told to either tbf.

I don't think Tootle was injured, he just couldn't face any more of Bruno roasting him so had a tactical injury from his part !
On the negative side wasn't totally convinced about Grant Smith, think Slocombe will play Tuesday and after depends how he performs. Like someone else said Eardley passing off kilter today, but we know what he can do.
Rest all positive, apart from not finishing the game off earlier, could have settled any nerves (not that County ever looked like getting back in but you never know)

I don't think Tootle was injured, he just couldn't face any more of Bruno roasting him so had a tactical injury from his part !
On the negative side wasn't totally convinced about Grant Smith, think Slocombe will play Tuesday and after depends how he performs. Like someone else said Eardley passing off kilter today, but we know what he can do.
Rest all positive, apart from not finishing the game off earlier, could have settled any nerves (not that County ever looked like getting back in but you never know)
I think Duffy didnt fancy 90 minutes of Akinfe either.

Smith did OK I thought. Not that much to do against a Counteh side that looked NAAFI at times.

No Ambition And F##k All Interest

Match Stats make it look like it was an even game. 50% possession for both. We had five shots on goal to their four.

And yet the stats lie. It was extremely one-sided. County looked like they could concede at any time, whereas they seemed to need to mount an expedition to get anywhere near City's goal. Bizarrely, when they did they scored the daft free kick, hit the post and had that wild scramble near the end when everyone was probably planning their evening rather than thinking about the match.

That goalmouth skirmish aside, the last half hour was a stroll in the park. Despite somehow letting County back into the game it's hard to imagine there will be many easier games than that.

He booted the tunnel in a proper mardy as he went off very funny.
Taken off before he got sent off perhaps?

Can Slocombe play or is he cup tied?

Hard to blame Smith for the goal. It came through several players and he may have been unsighted. We should have perhaps had a better wall, seemed to come through very easily.
On another point I am convinced Tootle had had enough and wasn't that badly injured.
You will never see a current Lincoln player do that.
Nolan going proves you cannot just buy a team buy spending heavily and trusting past reputations. Danny is that meticulous in his recruitment I think he has an idea who he wants months before signing them.