Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe

Wright certainly is becoming something of a penalty king. If he could improve on his all round keeping he could be a very good keeper. But he is still quite below Rushworths standard. However he deserves to keep his place in this competition even if we get to the final.

Did he give O-B a yellow? Looked like a Morecambe player for dissent considering he didn’t actually give a free kick

According to iFollow the Morecambe player was the only one booked. Referee didn't even give a free kick, as you say.

You wouldn't have known any of this from the commentary, and for large parts of the game I was glad I didn't have to rely on it to know what was happening. If I wanted a discussion of sweets of yesteryear, however...

The other positive is that we didn't miss any of our penalties. There is a real bit of steel and backbone developing in this squad. There seems a great togetherness to, it all bodes well going onwards this season.

Wright certainly is becoming something of a penalty king. If he could improve on his all round keeping he could be a very good keeper. But he is still quite below Rushworths standard. However he deserves to keep his place in this competition even if we get to the final.

I saw him at Chippenham he has the perfect frame for pens - tall and nimble. He literally covers massive amounts of the goal

Well, pleased to be through. I've never known an assistant manager moan as much at the fourth official as theirs has over the last two matches...

Wright certainly gives the players confidence going into a penalty shootout, it really is a strength of his. Five saves in two shootouts is a great record.

According to iFollow the Morecambe player was the only one booked. Referee didn't even give a free kick, as you say.

You wouldn't have known any of this from the commentary, and for large parts of the game I was glad I didn't have to rely on it to know what was happening. If I wanted a discussion of sweets of yesteryear, however...
Yes, I hesitate to be critical online but I thought the commentary was an absolute disgrace tonight. For anybody just listening without the Ifollow video it must have been even more infuriating.

The third round draw is regionalised, giving us a game against one of:
Burton Albion
Manchester United U21
Accrington Stanley
Salford City
Bolton Wanderers
Port Vale or Barnsley (Wed 23 November)
Everton U21 or Mansfield Town (Wed 30 November)

Draw is live on Sky Sports News on Thursday 24 November at 4.30pm.

Matches taking place w/c 12 December.