Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hartlepool United | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hartlepool United

Expecting a home win.

Stick to our style, stick with the best players we have available and play with a bit more confidence.

The major problem is a lack of confidence, and it unfortunately spreads. Proof of this is that nearly twice as many fans, ,according to the online poll, believe we will lose today (sadly, i am one of them).

The difficult thing is how we instil that confidence back into the squad and more importantly the fans?

Despite the fact they are a league below us, i think we win today, and that will go a long way to achieving that. Especially with so many of us expecting the worst. Lose and...

Be setting off in a bit. Popping into the parents than buying a ticket when I get there. Going to adopt a lucky dip attitude of seeing where I sit today.

So much doom and gloom on this site at the moment. Cheer up peeps. Nearly Christmas so could be far worse
Safe journey sedge

They are not exactly setting the world alright with their results although this weeks 3 - 0 drubbing of a diabolical Sheff Wed and a new manager will undoubtedly give them a big confidence boost against a team in us that havnt had the best of times recently..
Having said all that I think this is a game we should win. We need the first goal, and as early as possible, then we can impose our style on them and hopefully get a couple more........3 - 1🙏

The major problem is a lack of confidence, and it unfortunately spreads. Proof of this is that nearly twice as many fans, ,according to the online poll, believe we will lose today (sadly, i am one of them).

The difficult thing is how we instil that confidence back into the squad and more importantly the fans?

Despite the fact they are a league below us, i think we win today, and that will go a long way to achieving that. Especially with so many of us expecting the worst. Lose and...
It's sometimes good to ask what's the worst that can happen and then look on anything as a positive.

Most people think we will lose, so the worst the players can do is meet expectations and they can certainly exceed them.

For us who will be there today... if we were playing Liverpool you would expect us to lose but you would get behind the team, thinking it might help them to exceed expectations, so why not against Hartlepool.

Expect it to be difficult and expect to keep urging the team on to achieve a win.

Why wouldn't you.

You might then get the chance to do the same thing again in January.

Desperately need a positive result today. The financial boost and potential 3rd round Monet spinner add to the importance of this match. Pool will be a very tough game. Not sure what side the Wendies put out midweek, but it shows that we need to be right on it from the start. Come on lads, let’s do it 👊💥👏

Looks like it's going to a low attendance Imps wise .Let's hope the hard core support gets behind the lads today

I thought we played well against Carlisle, some good moves and ball retention. It is only when we get into the opposition box that we lack thought and composure.

So to help us along I am bringing my daughter and grand daughter to bring us luck and if we score a bagful I will sign them up for the rest of the season.
COYI
and avoid a couple of stupid mistakes at the other end, however assume Jacko will be back and Bramall benched

They are not exactly setting the world alright with their results although this weeks 3 - 0 drubbing of a diabolical Sheff Wed and a new manager will undoubtedly give them a big confidence boost against a team in us that havnt had the best of times recently..
Having said all that I think this is a game we should win. We need the first goal, and as early as possible, then we can impose our style on them and hopefully get a couple more........3 - 1🙏
Seem to be a cup team, with Sheffield result and the last round, that's two away wins against L1 teams..............

Bought my ticket as usual but haven't the heart to travel 200 miles to watch a repeat of last Saturday, just hoping for better.
UTI.

About 30 minutes ago we were warned about a group of 15-20 Hartlepool supporters that have been heard saying they are here for a fight.

I believe five of them just tried to get in the Treaty, while the rest went elsewhere. They were turned away.

Seem to be a cup team, with Sheffield result and the last round, that's two away wins against L1 teams..............

17th and 8 points off the bottom 2 in League 2 tells me that these are a team we should beat.
Yes they've just got a new manager and they will raise their game as Pitsea did but if we can just get that early first goal to settle us then we should go on to win the game.

17th and 8 points off the bottom 2 in League 2 tells me that these are a team we should beat.
Yes they've just got a new manager and they will raise their game as Pitsea did but if we can just get that early first goal to settle us then we should go on to win the game.

We almost never score at home first, unfortunately.

Slightly off topic, watching the build up to Buxton Morecombe on BBC and so far they have spent of the time so far talking about the premiership. So frustrating.