Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hartlepool United | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hartlepool United

We need a couple of forwards who haven’t only recently been weaned off their respective chest feeders. Players with a bit of gristle about them. Real meat eaters.
A couple of forwards would be good but only one will play unless changes are made.

The difficulties this week we have surrendered decent cup money with our ineptness. There’s a cost to the poor displays.

We are becoming less attractive by the week. Why would any player want to join us in January?
You could point a finger at those who have been shouting down the enlightened ones who have been calling for a change since early season.

I pay for my season ticket and the extra cup games like many others. I can't really afford it, but I keep going. Its the repitition of same play each week that is grinding me down. Maguire shouting and confronting fans at the end is no way to behave as a senior pro. Having been close to Hartlepool thugs desperate to fight anyone they could, I hope they get a bad draw and lose in the next round. As Jules warned pre-match they were out for trouble.

Hopefully someone can say how many corners we’ve had last two games - I think sums up how we’re playing at the moment.
Players like Maguire, Bishop, McGrandles can’t be bad players per se but at the moment they seem incapable of basic ball control & passing. Fiorini has no future at Man City if this is his standard of play either.
And if Maguire showed the same passion on the pitch he did confronting fans we might be better off

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting comments post match, is he finally going to try different tactics, formation etc?
This lot aren't capable of playing the way he wants.

One win in 7 matches and that was against Bowers and Pitsea. The only decent side we have played in those 7 matches is Portsmouth so would have expected 6 wins. Where has it all gone wrong?

The only positive at the minute is that, although we're not keeping clean sheets, we're rarely out of games from a score line point of view.

I commented after the game last week that we maybe coming upto the crossroads.
I said we weren't there yet.
I've changed my mind. I think today we have reached that point.
The club either stick with Appleton and his methods, or we take a look and see what other options are out there.

The football that we play when we have the right players can be a delight to watch.

Unfortunately this group of players collectively seem to have lost belief and confidence and the mood within the fanbase is changing ( and quick )
I said last week that going to football matches is a habit.
We have definitely reached the point where fans ( even with season tickets) will be questioning whether they can motivate themselves to go to the game.

We see it all the time in football where a club loses the fans. Lincoln are at that point I believe. Crewe and Cheltenham are massive games for the club now.
If we lose those games, I think the board maybe having some meetings about the direction of which th club is travelling.

Just another bunch of moany, whiny, ultra-short termist, spoiled mardy-arsed sulkers who have zero patience and no long-term memory. Just like everyone else, and probably worse than most given the historic performance levels of the club, and the fact that the entertainment has been heavily subsidised by others for years.

All depends what you want and what your prepared to except Brendan.
Personally I like watching winners I don't enjoy freezing my balls off watching what is being served up to us each week. Some might but its not for me.
Why would you want to watch us lose every week.
Football is about winning and yes you can't win every week but when you are watching the same display, same tactics,same everything week after week and you are still losing then I am sure as hell going to voice my displeasure.
I don't give a shit what's happened in the past, we don't live in the past we live in the hear and now. I care about the future not the past. Why do people have to reference the past. That's gone, it history and that's where it will stay.
Get real, fans will moan and complain when we are getting beat, that's what fans do and some will be more vocal than others.
You came on last week trying to sugar quote the performance against Accrington and now again this week against a team 17th in League 2.
Well good on yer if that's what you think and you are perfectly entitled to think how you do but I won't sit back and give you a free ride
I will call you out and anybody else who tries to defend shit like that every single time you do it.

Awful performance and very predictable and I’m sure a few of us had an away win at 4.5 to 1
So many negatives atm from these games but you worry for the games against the decent opponents post Xmas
The more concerning element out of all this is the club loosing the fan base and the cash opportunities from these cup games
I’ve no ideas as to who is coming in the Jan window but not sure the parent clubs will want to expose their youngsters into a relegation battle
The club have had plenty of good times over the last 5 or so years it needs to get the next couple of months right or we are looking at certain relegation

The only positive at the minute is that, although we're not keeping clean sheets, we're rarely out of games from a score line point of view.
Luke we’ve played Donny, Accy Stanley, Carlisle and Hartlepool, 4 of the worst opposition we will face this year. Grasping at straws if being in the game is a positive. The only tough opposition in this run was Pompey and 3-0 flattered us, it had a 6-0 drubbing feel to it.

Luke we’ve played Donny, Accy Stanley, Carlisle and Hartlepool, 4 of the worst opposition we will face this year. Grasping at straws if being in the game is a positive. The only tough opposition in this run was Pompey and 3-0 flattered us, it had a 6-0 drubbing feel to it.
That was kinda my point (I was looking at it over the season rather than recent games).

Whatever some have said defending the summer recruitment, it has been awful and has drained the confidence from the playesr who were here last season.

The players brought in are just not good enough, and the regulars from last season know it.

And we have heard this week about the long convoluted exhaustive in depth process it takes to bring in the kind of poor quality we have this season.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for the recruitment team.

It would better if we were creating chances and missing them. We just aren’t creating. Fair play to MAPP he’s not criticising players in public, but there is no doubt about big Dan will be back at Southampton at the first opportunity. Also his body language when Hakeeb tries something daft, I’d expect he will be gone.

We need 2-3 possibly 4-5 but a big ask in January and the model might have to go out the window if we wish to stay in league one.

And we have heard this week about the long convoluted exhaustive in depth process it takes to bring in the kind of poor quality we have this season.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for the recruitment team.
Or we weren’t able to get the players we wanted

I don't mind getting beat by a better side, today Hartlepool were definitely not a better side, we gave them 3 clear cut chances and they took 1.

We, however, looked completely pedestrian in terms of our effort and desire. No reaction whatsoever to going a goal down, no attempt to make something happen just a team sleep-walking to defeat and just hoping something turns up...

• I wasn’t at the match, so respect those of you that were, and season ticket holders, and your views of the match. We have been giant killers, so we can’t complain about being giants killed – if results were based on a predicted outcome, there would be no point in playing … and I’ve done my share of watching the Imps losing week after week. Portsmouth and Burton also lost at home to teams from a lower league
  • Our lack of scoring is obviously an issue –that’s the whole objective of football . What has not getting Whittaker from Swansea cost us? - we know what an impact Johnson and Rogers made, and there was no guarantee that we could replicate that this season - but I believe that the Imps management genuinely believed that he would be playing for us this season
  • And on the same theme, how do you cater for losing both Hopper and Scully? Should we be expecting more of Maguire?
  • I believe we do have to wait until January, and trust that we will move to safety, and we stick with MA.
  • Meanwhile, I’ll be at Crewe on Tuesday, which will be my first full Imps match of the season, and hope that we might score!!