Match Thread: Lincoln City v Grimsby Town | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Grimsby Town

Bolger straight in! Looks like Wharton's days are numbered.
That was my first thought too. Brown and Rowe both make the bench which is another statement about how involved he wants the new signings going forward. Certainly not 'squad filling'. Which means no Gordon or Mensah. More changes to come in window me thinks.

No

He’ll be realistic. Loan players hardly going to start ahead of a brand new permanent signing, especially if he’s due to roll up shortly for the Shakers.
But starting Bolger and Bostwick is also against Danny's favoured Right/Left centre back pairing. Definitely a kick in the nads for Wharton.

Last edited:
I love that - some fans asked Mike Dean for a photo and he said he was too busy.

Presumably he doesn't call himself Mick Dean because that is an anagram of 'mean dick'.

Looking at the team coming out, Bolger looks head and shoulders above the rest - he's immense. Goals to come!!!

I love that - some fans asked Mike Dean for a photo and he said he was too busy.

Presumably he doesn't call himself Mick Dean because that is an anagram of 'mean dick'.

I think Mr Dean has done the right thing. Ref’s doing photo’s in the stadium on the pitch would be seen as ‘celebrity ref’ and he’d be critised. After the game coming out of the ground would be ok.

No

He’ll be realistic. Loan players hardly going to start ahead of a brand new permanent signing, especially if he’s due to roll up shortly for the Shakers.
I think that’s the point I was angling towards but I wasn’t very clear. I might be reading to much into it, and I’m not privy to how quickly Bolger has settled in but if he was staying, I think he may have been a starter today, having been here all season. If the decision has not already been made, I suspect it makes him leaving us more likely.

Still, I suppose no time like the present to stick your new signing in.

DC said he'd been here all week but we waited till thursday to announce. Should know the set piece play book quite well.