Match Thread: Lincoln City v Exeter City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Exeter City

very tight game and they will have a lot of crowd pressure if they don't play well been a lot of tisdale out chanting at exeter lately

Yup. We should have got something here. Exeter cane for a draw and they got it. Their keeper was good.

That said, we like high-pressure, one-off games so we have a good chance for Thursday.

Had the three chances during the 15 - 20 minutes after half time. One good save. Whitehouse and rhead had the golden chances

Thought Exeter played well and deserved the draw. Unlucky with Rheady's header against the bar. We have it all to do on Thursday. It'll be tough at their place with so little of our support at the game. Wharton's injury adds to the list. Still, its one game and you never know. UTI.

Okay could have been better but we are still in this tie. Can't see many goals between two very even sides. 1-0 win on Thursday will do nicely

If somebody could give their keeper Pym a dodgy meat pie before Thursday please. He was very impressive in all aspects of goalkeeping.

Good second half performance gives me hope for the second leg. Good game actually, both teams strong in defence. Wouldn't like to call the second leg, Exeter favourites obviously but you never rule us out.

Thought we had the better of it just. The guy on ESPN+ kept calling Eardley Ardley. Did my swede in...

First half Exeter were the better team, but created little in the way of chances. second half, they played on the counter and we struggled to break them down but played much better. We had a couple of chances, but I wouldn't call them plum opportunities, tbh and we lack the finishers to really make them count.

All to play for next Thu.

Left it too long after our game went flat before bringing Palmer [and Pett] on.

100% agree. Bostwick, Woodyard and Anderson looked shattered at 70 mins. Making subs with 7-8 mins to go is not long enough to make an impact.

Overall thoughts.

Turgid. One dimensional, lack of ideas. No flow and quite a moment when Wilson gave Anderson a talking to on the touchline in the first half. Some of the players didn't look up for it.

Exeter looked very bright in the first half...but we had the penetration of a foam drill bit on granite for the whole game.

We were too easy to read and will someone please take a blooming shot from outside the box.

Allsop played well and made some good saves. MOTM, a difficult one to call. I thought Wharton was solid and Eardley ensured our left was not too over exposed.

Of course, we have injuries, which affects selection. Yet, it's a sorry state of affairs when we have gazillions of wingers and can only play one of them. The lack of width was alarming.

Thursday, though, is a different game. A one off so to speak. On the balance of probabilities it looks like Exeter will nick it, and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to ET and pens. Today really summed up our season at home.

We didn't take our chances. We didn't score when we were on top. Another 0-0 drab draw.

To be honest, it will need such a Herculean effort to beat Exeter, will it be possible? Who knows. I'm not putting a bet on Lincoln to do it, but I am most certainly not betting against them.

100% agree. Bostwick, Woodyard and Anderson looked shattered at 70 mins. Making subs with 7-8 mins to go is not long enough to make an impact.

Overall thoughts.

Turgid. One dimensional, lack of ideas. No flow and quite a moment when Wilson gave Anderson a talking to on the touchline in the first half. Some of the players didn't look up for it.

Exeter looked very bright in the first half...but we had the penetration of a foam drill bit on granite for the whole game.

We were too easy to read and will someone please take a blooming shot from outside the box.

Allsop played well and made some good saves. MOTM, a difficult one to call. I thought Wharton was solid and Eardley ensured our left was not too over exposed.

Of course, we have injuries, which affects selection. Yet, it's a sorry state of affairs when we have gazillions of wingers and can only play one of them. The lack of width was alarming.

Thursday, though, is a different game. A one off so to speak. On the balance of probabilities it looks like Exeter will nick it, and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to ET and pens. Today really summed up our season at home.

We didn't take our chances. We didn't score when we were on top. Another 0-0 drab draw.

To be honest, it will need such a Herculean effort to beat Exeter, will it be possible? Who knows. I'm not putting a bet on Lincoln to do it, but I am most certainly not betting against them.
Disagree completely with calling that drab. Turgid? We’re in the playoffs.... if Rhead’s header is a few inches lower then that’s a brilliant performance. I thought we were very good second half.

Draw was about right over the 90.

Kinda went as I thought i.e. poor first half and booked our ideas up in the second.

Neither team created too much and Waterfall and Wharton kept Stockley quiet with relative ease.

Exeter knocked it around ok at times, but just in 2m triangles without really going anywhere. They end up going longer into Stockley anyway, so it's a lot of time they waste trying not to do what they end up doing anyway.

Looked a penalty on Whitehouse in the first half, a blatant block on Anderson as well.