Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-v-Liverpool-h-24-09-2020-1024x674.jpg

POLL: Cambridge United (h - 15/01/22): Will The Imps Win, Lose or Draw?
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...ed-h-15-01-22-will-the-imps-win-lose-or-draw/

Cambridge United (h): Three Things The Imps Need To Do To Win:

"Have a bit of patience. The last two games have seen a vast improvement in performance and results."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/cambridge-united-h-three-things-the-imps-need-to-do-to-win/

Cambridge United (h): Match Officials Confirmed:

Information about today's referee.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/cambridge-united-h-match-officials-confirmed/

Michael Appleton: "It's a big blow for the lad. He was in such a good place playing really well."

A summary of what Michael Appleton said yesterday.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...was-in-such-a-good-place-playing-really-well/

Who Are Ya? - Cambridge United (Q&A):

"Up there with Beck, McFarland, and Money among our best ever. A knighthood can’t be far away. Worried he might get poached though."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/who-are-ya-cambridge-united-qa/

Cambridge United (h): Today's Team News:

The Imps take on Cambridge United at Sincil Bank in League One this afternoon. The kick-off is at 15:00, and team news will be provided on the link below once we have it.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/cambridge-united-h-todays-team-news/

Well my plans have been buggered up by a positive test. As I visit my parents pre-match I always do a test Friday evening and mine has just come back positive. Really pissed off but I'll be with the fine folk on here listening and cheering on.

We have been really careful throughout this and just for all to be mindful that having been at the Oxford game there is a possibility that it was there that I picked this up. Just all take care and take as many precautions as you possibly can in crowded areas.

Let's hope for a positive result on the pitch to counter mine

Cambridge will be on a high with two excellent cup wins, but are starting to looking precariously over their shoulders in the league.

The Cambridge preview had us two points above the drop which is incorrect, alluding to easing relegation fears. That might be more applicable to Cambridge currently. They have sold 600 to date so hopefully a bit of atmosphere, as our ticket sales seem far better than the Oxford game.

Scully and Cullen back in the fold and a similar performance to the previous two games will cap off a fine week.

t

First home game for a while a while for me. Hopefully we can carry over the belief and commitment shown v Oxford and Sunderland. Three wins on the bounce would show a level of consistency sadly lacking so far this season. Cautiously optimistic we will get the three points. Come on City.

Cambridge will be on a high with two excellent cup wins, but are starting to looking precariously over their shoulders in the league.

The Cambridge preview had us two points above the drop which is incorrect, alluding to easing relegation fears. That might be more applicable to Cambridge currently. They have sold 600 to date so hopefully a bit of atmosphere, as our ticket sales seem far better than the Oxford game.

Scully and Cullen back in the fold and a similar performance to the previous two games will cap off a fine week.

t
It all depends on how many season ticket holders turn up.
I'm on the bronze membership scheme and there are never many available seats in the coop but far more dotted about empty seats on matchday than were shown on the seating plan.
Covid and poor form have meant that people have stayed away.
Decent sales from Cambridge.

Last edited:
Well my plans have been buggered up by a positive test. As I visit my parents pre-match I always do a test Friday evening and mine has just come back positive. Really pissed off but I'll be with the fine folk on here listening and cheering on.

We have been really careful throughout this and just for all to be mindful that having been at the Oxford game there is a possibility that it was there that I picked this up. Just all take care and take as many precautions as you possibly can in crowded areas.

Hope it's not too severe Sedge. Get well soon

If anything this is a harder match than are last two. On form we were not expected to get much out of Oxford and Sunderland matches and exceeded all expectations.
Today we must be favourites after are last two results. But for some reason we seem to struggle against teams nearer the bottom. Most of are points have come against the teams in the top half of the league. If we are to keep moving safely up the league we need to address this problem and today is as a good a time as any to start.

If we show the same levels of commitment and energy as we have in the last 4 games and hit the target as we have done recently, we'll be OK
UTI

If anything this is a harder match than are last two. On form we were not expected to get much out of Oxford and Sunderland matches and exceeded all expectations.
Today we must be favourites after are last two results. But for some reason we seem to struggle against teams nearer the bottom. Most of are points have come against the teams in the top half of the league. If we are to keep moving safely up the league we need to address this problem and today is as a good a time as any to start.

Strangely, it was the opposite last season, if I remember correctly.

Temperature supposedly above freezing all day in Lincoln, although not by much. Should be on, I'd have thought.

Hope you're ok Sedge.

Had a stinking cold/flu all week. Missing today. Hope you ride the wave Sedgley.

For a change I will not be travelling down for the game today, need a bit of rest time from work and driving so it will be iFollow for me today.

When we played them away the only time they looked a threat was from crosses for their lugs up front. Cut the crosses and I can see another goal fest for us and an exciting display.

This will be a tough match. Confidence will be high now, but the legs will probably be tired. Not had much opportunity to share the load in the past 2 games.