Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City

A no fault close encounter. Match abandoned, 1point each as in cricket.
Pregmatic solution,
1. Could we have equalised? Yes
2. Would we have gone on to win? highly unlikely
3. If we had equalised Orient would have 1 point not 3
4. There are 3 points on offer
5. So award Orient 2 points and Lincoln 1

Never going to happen of course.

99.9% certain it will be replayed in full and rightly so, no other option and I would say the same if we were 1-0 up.
if it’s ok to talk about the game does anyone know why Bishop was replaced at half time, was it an injury? He started on the left of the front 3 and looked our best player. After the latest Roughan brain fart moment and Orient got on top Bishop was moved to right midfield in a 532 formation to help out the Ethan brothers and stem the threat of Archibald on their left. He still looked our best player and was replaced by Smith at halftime. In the second half we created the princely sum of sweet FA even with the introduction of Mandy As one of the front 2. The Ethan brothers are excellent in our midfield but we need a creative spark somewhere on the pitch and only Bishop and Mandy are our best bet of creating an opening.

There are two things that will happen. The game and the 3 points will be awarded to Orient or the game will be replayed and that's I'm afraid is the cold harsh truth of it.
It's also been mentioned on the Orient forum that they could be in trouble for the pitch invasion and we could be in bother because technically we abandoned the game by refusing to play. Now most of us have a pretty dim view of the efl and rightly so but any action taken for the above would blow any previous efl "blunders" out of the water. It surely won't happen but this is the efl so you can only be 95% sure.

Last edited:
Not even our Dickensian football authorities are stupid enough to take action against either club under these circumstances. As I alluded to in an earlier post, it is partly their own fault through inadequate or non-existent protocols. Perhaps they should charge themselves with bringing the game into disrepute if they do.

Does anyone, with more knowledge than me, have any idea when a decision will be made as to whether the match will be replayed? Whatever the outcvome, it would be good to know

Does anyone, with more knowledge than me, have any idea when a decision will be made as to whether the match will be replayed? Whatever the outcvome, it would be good to know
I would imagine that any decision made (almost certainly the game will be replayed), willnot be announced until after the poor chaps funeral.

Looks like decision made and result stands. All the tables on the main sites have now been up-dated with a defeat for us, dropping us below Bristol Rovers now on goals scored in the standings. Can't see anything published explaining the decision.

Looks like decision made and result stands. All the tables on the main sites have now been up-dated with a defeat for us, dropping us below Bristol Rovers now on goals scored in the standings. Can't see anything published explaining the decision.
i think that is the live table from the minute before the match stopped so correct at the time but the match didnt conclude. I dont think it has been determined.

i think that is the live table from the minute before the match stopped so correct at the time but the match didnt conclude. I dont think it has been determined.
Both the BBC and Sky Sports table were updated about the same time last night October 5th at 19.35 and 19.36. The tables I looked at the following day and I am pretty sure they showed us having played 9. ESPN have updated their's as well.

Maybe it's just coincidence or they have just done it until an official decision is made but it does seem odd that they all appear to be updated.

So who knows.

Last edited:
I notice on the BBC results the match is showing as 'Abandoned' and no score given. On Sky the game is not included in the results section at all.

I'm guessing all those websites' league tables are updated automatically after a scoreline has been 'seen'.

The website I look at mainly for historical stuff is nevertheless always up to date and shows us as still having played only 9 games:

I should think there would have been some sort of announcement from somewhere if anything had been decided yet.

There's an EFL live table which still shows the game as 'continuing' at the moment

(have tried to paste it in with no luck)

I don't think a decision has been made yet

There's an EFL live table which still shows the game as 'continuing' at the moment
This is the trouble with all these websites being linked by logarithms - or whatever it is - instead of a real person inputting details individually 'by hand'.

It does seem odd that tables would be up-dated without any decision having been published. But the BBC were showing us as having played 9 games until 19:35 last night. From then, the table showed ourselves with an arrow down and Bristol Rovers with an arrow up, Leyton Orient with an arrow up and Northampton with an arrow down. All other teams were shown as non-movers. The BBC is now showing as an update today at 15:08, with all teams showing as non-movement up or down. Goodness knows what sparked the latest up-date !

On the ITV highlights programme which was on on Wednesday, they didn't show any highlights and said the game was to be 'rescheduled'. Whether that was just an assumption or not, I don't know

This is the trouble with all these websites being linked by logarithms - or whatever it is - instead of a real person inputting details individually 'by hand'.
This - they probably all get their data from the same source and it automatically updates. I don't think any decision has yet been taken.

Other tables are showing us as 14th and played 10. Orient are behind us on 14 points. They include Sky Sports and Flashscore.
Let's wait for the official announcement. Some of these tables are being incorrectly put out

The one on the OS has us having played 10 too as did the one on the itv highlights show last night.
Agree we'll have to wait for an official announcement which I'm pretty certain there hasn't been.