Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City

Not had commentary tonight so can’t comment on the game itself, but it was a free hit and of those below no one has won and three have lost. So overall not too bad a night. 6 clear and another game gone. The big one is Saturday. UTI 👊💥

Jesus Whittaker, about as strong as a feather. Probably unfair on feathers.
This team can not afford a player who puts as little effort in as Whittaker, at fault for both goals and gave the ball away consistently after that every time he received it.

At least the players have had a nice rest tonight so should be fresh for Saturday.

Loss of McGrandles is a concern but even he wasn't at his usual game tonight

The gulf in class was evident. But deary me talk about being limp, it was like we were out for a Sunday stroll. We may have stayed on the bus as it already looked like we had accepted our fate.

Think that’s an exaggeration!
May be, but we can't keep on relying on other results. At the moment (I think Crewe, Donny and Gills have gone. The last place to be filled will be between us, Fleetwood , Morecambe and the True Dons.
Our run in is probably a tad bit tougher, { love Lincoln, but have always been a glass half empty kind of person. Expect the worst, if it doesn't happen you feel great, if it does you feel bad, but nowhere near as bad as if you didn't. If that makes sense.

I suppose we could be thankful that Ipswich didn’t go for the jugular second half as our goal difference is much superior than all those below us, as well as the current 6 points of course. We may need that ‘extra point’?