Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Ipswich Town v Lincoln City

And I believe Nolan is injured, so won't be adding to his tally of goals against us. Nor his tally of red cards for that matter.

He was training with their under 23s the last I heard. Maybe the new boss will let him back with the first team.

Always worry playing teams with a new manager. But if we can replicate Saturday’s energy levels and performance we should be ok.

TJ back in, keeping the FBs rotating, guess it's where MA (backed up by the stats) thinks the energy demands are highest, likewise Hopps back to give that ageing defence a run around before Morton on later.

I'm looking forward to tonight. Ipswich in the cup (2017) is arguably where we really started to believe; will tonight prove to be another seminal moment.

Personally I reckon to have any chance of automatics, we have to win and draw at least two apiece of the following six games - Ipswich, Sunderland, Hull, Charlton, Oxford and Peterborough.

I imagine we can afford only two or at worst three more defeats out of the last 14 games, so get ready for some serious emotional roller coasters in the next two months.

Victories in any of those games are a massive fillip, so here's hoping for tonight to set the standard.

Still proud of the club whatever happens this year though, and for me after such a good performance on Saturday it would be fantastic to take it to one of the bigger teams off the back of that, to really show our rivals we are over our mini blip.

Come on Lincoln.

Only 6 on the bench; although that was effectively the same in the last game with Harry's late withdrawal.