Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City | Page 32 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City

Gillingham fans suggesting that 'the race card ' has been used by Bramall to deflect from the indiscretions of the goal celebration .Very controversial

When you can't see the game you rely on these people to describe it for you.

When you're actually watching the game Hortin's even worse as you can see what he's describing bears little relation to the action.

This is exactly what I found in several games last season. And when the away games had their local radio presenters they were much more accurate most of the time, and added information about the club and players (Lincoln’s I mean) to make it more enjoyable.

Gillingham fans suggesting that 'the race card ' has been used by Bramall to deflect from the indiscretions of the goal celebration .Very controversial

Entirely predictable.

The excitement of football provokes wonderful emotions but it's also a cesspit of spittle-flecked anger and the worst kind of tribal instincts.

I guarantee that had the roles been reversed we would have seen the same allegations here.

I have no idea what was said, if something was misheard, or if nothing was said at all. I have no reason to disbelieve Cohen Bramall. I don't know anything about him either. The police are investigating it, let them get on with it.

Have just read some of the comments on that site, one person mentions Lincolns 'dishonesty' last season!. Quite a few about how our players goaded their fans etc. Great coming from a team managed by Evans who loves to goad the opposition from the safety of the dugout at every match. Some/most goal celebrations do go to far, but all teams do it, including this bunch of Kents' .

there are 2 Kent’s one with lovely countryside then there’s the urban Kent which includes Gillingham - as different as night and day!

They should double his sentence for going to a football match wearing stone island!
there are 2 Kent’s one with lovely countryside then there’s the urban Kent which includes Gillingham - as different as night and day!

They should double his sentence for going to a football match wearing stone island!
After the angry "Mr Stone Island" had bravely pushed the much larger Melbourne and Bramall in the back, there is a clip of him yelling straight at Bramall from a safe position behind the barrier. Play it in slow motion and with a Kentish accent, and you can lip-read exactly what he is saying. (That is not printable here or in any other medium). After Bramall got his yellow card, Bridcutt persuaded the ref to go back to that section, and Bramall pointed straight at Mr Stone Island. I didnt see him in that section in any of the subsequent action for the rest of the game. I hope we never see him at a football game ever again.

On the subject of their selling of tickets, quite a bit of space in the free match programme is taken up by the Gillingham chairman (Paul Scally) explaining about the new ticketing system they've apparently introduced recently.

It includes him saying it is intended to open the ticket office at set times every week for the benefit of those who do not have smartphones or access to the Internet so they can visit in person.

As for when those times will be, he advises people to keep an eye on the official website and social media...

Um.
Fantastic!

After the angry "Mr Stone Island" had bravely pushed the much larger Melbourne and Bramall in the back, there is a clip of him yelling straight at Bramall from a safe position behind the barrier. Play it in slow motion and with a Kentish accent, and you can lip-read exactly what he is saying. (That is not printable here or in any other medium). After Bramall got his yellow card, Bridcutt persuaded the ref to go back to that section, and Bramall pointed straight at Mr Stone Island. I didnt see him in that section in any of the subsequent action for the rest of the game. I hope we never see him at a football game ever again.

The arrest was made at 3:15 so that would tie in with his absence.

One thing though, he does look to quite short, but he pushed to 5'8" Tayo Edun twice in the back, following through the second time to push Bramall, but the 6' Max Melbourne actually ran in and pushed him away.

That will be the bell end all lives matter anti-woke element. We have them here too.

Think it's pretty amazing that a bunch of people's first thought seems to be, look at the nasty footballers daring to go one foot past the ad hoardings, it was so scary and dangerous they need to be punished.

While simultaneously tweeting about Liberal snowflakes...

The players didn't help by how close they ended up to the fans, but could not have possibly expected what happened next. They ran to a very quiet corner of the stadium and would not have expected to encounter spectators without crossing a pitch perimeter.

16 Pitch Perimeter Protection

16.1 There must be appropriate pitch perimeter protection, for example wall / barrier surrounding the pitch, to be of sound construction and to comply with current standards as laid down in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governanc...ppendix-1---membership-criteria-regulation-8/

‘The Race Card’. Not heard that one for a while. I think that has been overtaken as the de rigueur refrain of the brainless moron by ‘woke’ or ‘snowflake’. Or my personal favourite - ‘you can’t say anything these days’.

The players didn't help by how close they ended up to the fans, but could not have possibly expected what happened next. They ran to a very quiet corner of the stadium and would not have expected to encounter spectators without crossing a pitch perimeter.

16 Pitch Perimeter Protection

16.1 There must be appropriate pitch perimeter protection, for example wall / barrier surrounding the pitch, to be of sound construction and to comply with current standards as laid down in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governanc...ppendix-1---membership-criteria-regulation-8/
In other their perimeter fence isn't fit for purpose as it has gaps.
Some grounds don't have one at all, one of the stands at Peterborough didn't used to and FGR springs to mind I'm sure there are others.
Not condoning the players actions

‘The Race Card’. Not heard that one for a while. I think that has been overtaken as the de rigueur refrain of the brainless moron by ‘woke’ or ‘snowflake’. Or my personal favourite - ‘you can’t say anything these days’.
As I have posted before, snowflake is term used by people who are offended by people being offended by the offensive.