Match Thread: Gainsborough Trinity v Lincoln City XI | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Gainsborough Trinity v Lincoln City XI

I see Jock Curran was one of the trialists …. hey guess what? I know his Dad :grinning:

If you hadn’t guessed it’s ex-Sheff Wednesday legend Terry Curran, so let’s hope some of his talent rubs off on his lad.

I see Jock Curran was one of the trialists …. hey guess what? I know his Dad :grinning:

If you hadn’t guessed it’s ex-Sheff Wednesday legend Terry Curran, so let’s hope some of his talent rubs off on his lad.

I hope he finds a club but I don't think we'll be signing too many players recently released by the relegated, non-league Grimsby Town.

I thought as this was a proper Lincolnshire FA game all the players had to the registered with the FA as our players therefore trialists were not supposed to be able to play unless they were registered to us for this game and named on the teamsheet as a consequence

I thought as this was a proper Lincolnshire FA game all the players had to the registered with the FA as our players therefore trialists were not supposed to be able to play unless they were registered to us for this game and named on the teamsheet as a consequence

Well, looks like you're wrong. Both teams had trialists.

It's a cunning ruse to get us expelled for future years

Do you tell the car dealer you paid over the odds for your last car.

Or conversely that you have got a big wedge in the bank because you have just made an unexpectedly big profit selling your old one.

Substitute footballer for car and you might be able to imagine why an undisclosed fee might be a good idea.

.......and the 7 or 8 missing players who either have played very little time or non at all. Where are they? What's the story. Why isn't there ANY news, information, communication or even rumours as to their
whereabouts and why they are not involved at the moment.
There maybe a perfectly acceptable reason as to why these players are missing. I just find it a bit odd that nothing is being said about any of them.

Transfer fees are rarely announced by any club apart from the astronomical deals involving Premier League clubs. This has been the case since the advent of transfer windows which means that deals take place at very limited times of the year. If it's well known you've just received a million from selling a player, that would inflate the price of players you are looking to buy.

Also worth noting that clubs were not allowed to announce transfer fees until relatively recently and that big transfer fees, even at our level, are not always what they seem. Some are quite complex with add ons for appearances, international honours, etc and shares of any money the buying club receives from a future sale. Even if this information was available its unlikely we would know the final amount paid.

In the modern era it doesn't make sense to publish transfer fees.

Do you tell the car dealer you paid over the odds for your last car.

Or conversely that you have got a big wedge in the bank because you have just made an unexpectedly big profit selling your old one.

Substitute footballer for car and you might be able to imagine why an undisclosed fee might be a good idea.