Match Thread: Fulham v Aston Villa, Thur 20th Oct, 7.30 PM | Page 30 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Fulham v Aston Villa, Thur 20th Oct, 7.30 PM

I don't normally turn off matches even when we are losing but I just couldn't take anymore.

You might think I was on the SG out train and I wasn't even though I didn't think it would be the end of the world if he was replaced I would say now it's time.

However, I think the reason for this is not congruent with 90% of the fans and I'm sure I will catch some hell for this but it has to be said.

I'm going to put this loss on the fans. Over the last weeks, the pressure has been building from the fans and there are a lot of so-called Villa fans that want to see SG fail which in turn means the team fails.

In almost 20 years of watching this club and seeing quite a bit of dross both on and off the field, I can say that this past week is the first time that I was embarrassed by a large part of the Villa fan base.

The moaning I get, the fake Club Statement I don't and the firestorm of comments it caused was just pitiful.

I expected this loss, but not this type of loss but it makes sense. You have completely deflated the players and the staff. I think you also may have cost us the potential to get a good manager because who would want to come and be a manager for the fan base we have?

The fanbase is one of the things that won me over in my early days. Not so much the case today.

So look I'm not talking about SG or the players and what happens to them. Did you as a fan of this club go into this game supporting the team or hoping for a result like this? If it's the latter you are part of the problem.

And sorry I should most likely post this on some of the other platforms I am in groups on, and are much worse overall. But I felt that I could say this here and at least some of you will get it. That's part of being a Vital Villa Fan.

Roast Away!
I get where you are coming from and I’ve been irritated by some of the fake bullshit that has been doing the rounds recently, but I think most fan bases are the same. And to be honest it’s not been right all season on the pitch and is just getting worse each week. Keeping him on any longer will just create too much toxicity around the club. Can you imagine his reception on Sunday if he hasn’t gone

In terms of horror shows that signal the end of a Villa managers career that had everything.

Red card, penalty, dodgy ref, OG by a player he'd dropped and slagged off, horrific performance, missed chances. All we needed was Glen Whealen missing a penalty and Gerrard getting pelted with a vegetable.
The thing for me that signals the end of a manager is when they end up playing players out of position. We ended up with Emi at centre forward and Archer on the wing! Just two other things, when you start a game with Ings and Bailey, effectively you only have 9 players. Secondly if someone was to offer £5 for Luiz I'd personally take it. What an ineffective player
Got what we deserved against another nothing team but one who were all committed to the cause.
UTV

I get your point, I'm one of them. Non of us are happy to see us lose , but is anyone happy to watch the turgid crap dished up week after week by Gerrards team. Villa get 100% backing on the pitch from the fans and to blame fans for our situation is nonsense. We have no bearing whatsoever on results, that's down to the manager and the team he sends out.

"Happiness" is often an alien concept when you're a Villa fan!

Disgusting performance. Gerrard has to be sacked, tonight, he overstayed his welcome weeks ago, Purslow’s been too soft on his old mate, the fans have suffered, the only right thing is to get him out immediately. The fans who travelled down tonight, what an awful experience they deserve more than this

He can't blame the players when he keeps picking the out of form McGinn Watkins etc every fucking week

Well that's the elephant in the room isn't it.

He did come in and large it around the gaff a bit and that was a mistake as I said elsewhere recently as he needed to be Mommy, not Daddy, with these players because they're thick and just not up to it at this level so he's kinda made his own bed I'm afraid.

I went to Fulham tonight and sat with the Fulham fans next to the away ones, we were separated by the barrier.

If he's not sacked tomorrow then the owners and CEO of this club are idiots and we deserve to be relegated.

The two Fulham old boys sitting behind me said they had never seen an away support turn so much against their own manager.

I don't normally turn off matches even when we are losing but I just couldn't take anymore.

You might think I was on the SG out train and I wasn't even though I didn't think it would be the end of the world if he was replaced I would say now it's time.

However, I think the reason for this is not congruent with 90% of the fans and I'm sure I will catch some hell for this but it has to be said.

I'm going to put this loss on the fans. Over the last weeks, the pressure has been building from the fans and there are a lot of so-called Villa fans that want to see SG fail which in turn means the team fails.

In almost 20 years of watching this club and seeing quite a bit of dross both on and off the field, I can say that this past week is the first time that I was embarrassed by a large part of the Villa fan base.

The moaning I get, the fake Club Statement I don't and the firestorm of comments it caused was just pitiful.

I expected this loss, but not this type of loss but it makes sense. You have completely deflated the players and the staff. I think you also may have cost us the potential to get a good manager because who would want to come and be a manager for the fan base we have?

The fanbase is one of the things that won me over in my early days. Not so much the case today.

So look I'm not talking about SG or the players and what happens to them. Did you as a fan of this club go into this game supporting the team or hoping for a result like this? If it's the latter you are part of the problem.

And sorry I should most likely post this on some of the other platforms I am in groups on, and are much worse overall. But I felt that I could say this here and at least some of you will get it. That's part of being a Vital Villa Fan.

Roast Away!

I'll be polite and say you are totally misguided if you seriously believe that..

It's actually more of a wind-up post than being factual.

Roast Away!

I want what you're having

Well that's the elephant in the room isn't it.

He did come in and large it around the gaff a bit and that was a mistake as I said elsewhere recently as he needed to be Mommy, not Daddy, with these players because they're thick and just not up to it at this level so he's kinda made his own bed I'm afraid.

i think if gerrard made his own bed all the corners would be floated in to the middle of the sheet and would be heavily soiled

Roast Away!
Keyboard warrior fans who watch on TV are different from the fans that travel. To my mind the away support has been fantastic over the years and probably not on the same wavelength as your average Twitter user, or dare I say it, a fan forum. I think the supporters at the ground have turned against managers far later than the average armchair supporter.

(Before anyone on here trashes me, I’m fully aware that we have more than our fair share of season ticket holders on this site and I’m not having a pop - just a personal generalised view of the difference between true supporters and general fans).

Keyboard warrior fans who watch on TV are different from the fans that travel. To my mind the away support has been fantastic over the years and probably not on the same wavelength as your average Twitter user, or dare I say it, a fan forum. I think the supporters at the ground have turned against managers far later than the average armchair supporter.

(Before anyone on here trashes me, I’m fully aware that we have more than our fair share of season ticket holders on this site and I’m not having a pop - just a personal generalised view of the difference between true supporters and general fans).
and Twitter tossers who have never been to a game are the worst "fans" at any club.
The away stalwarts are the barometer