Match thread, Forest v Sheffield Wednesday for what it's worth. | Vital Football

Match thread, Forest v Sheffield Wednesday for what it's worth.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
It seems obvious that we.ve all got the s....s up, nobody's cheering and everybody's moaning but I rely on the info that's shown on this thread, and I'm probably not the only one either. No good me talking about Forest, you folk are in the box seat for knowledge and I hope you'll be forthcoming, and quickly. As for Sheffield Wednesday, I don't know much other than they're bottom and playing badly but one of us must be due to produce the goods at some stage and I hope it's us. I've never felt the need to go to Sheffield and know very little about the place other than it's the home of the Crucible, famed for good quality snooker. I've played the game a lot over many years and it does remind me that when I was a kid and had to walk along Shakespere St (probably got the spelling wrong) past the YMCA on the way to school I heard the tapping of snooker balls so walked in and found that they had 5 full size snooker tables. I joined on the spot, no charge in those days.

Come on lads, our luck is bound to change some time, this might be the time.

If he starts with a midfield 3 of Cafu, Arter and Yates or Sow then I’m done. I’m actually done and I hope he gets sacked.

If he starts with a midfield 3 of Cafu, Arter and Yates or Sow then I’m done. I’m actually done and I hope he gets sacked.

Unfortunately, what other choices will he have?

Knocky suspended, Colback, Bachirou (if still alive) & Freeman injured.

McKenna & Blackett injured.

Can Iannou or Jenkinson play the No.10?

Lolley out of form, Grabban - coming back from injury, so probably won't be risked for anything more than a cameo (word up) appearance.

The only positive for me, is that Figgy is suspended - but, give the squad imbalance (4x LB's, 3x RB's - too many DCMs) - it's evident how limited the choices are for Hughton.

It's that bad, that I've suggested Zach Clough could be a consideration!

Lolley out of form, Grabban - coming back from injury, so probably won't be risked for anything more than a cameo (word up) appearance.

The only positive for me, is that Figgy is suspended - but, give the squad imbalance (4x LB's, 3x RB's - too many DCMs) - it's evident how limited the choices are for Hughton.

If I thought for one second that he would try to take the opportunity then I would be delighted to see Clough given a chance. Won’t happen though unfortunately.

It seems obvious that we.ve all got the s....s up, nobody's cheering and everybody's moaning but I rely on the info that's shown on this thread, and I'm probably not the only one either. No good me talking about Forest, you folk are in the box seat for knowledge and I hope you'll be forthcoming, and quickly. As for Sheffield Wednesday, I don't know much other than they're bottom and playing badly but one of us must be due to produce the goods at some stage and I hope it's us. I've never felt the need to go to Sheffield and know very little about the place other than it's the home of the Crucible, famed for good quality snooker. I've played the game a lot over many years and it does remind me that when I was a kid and had to walk along Shakespere St (probably got the spelling wrong) past the YMCA on the way to school I heard the tapping of snooker balls so walked in and found that they had 5 full size snooker tables. I joined on the spot, no charge in those days.

Come on lads, our luck is bound to change some time, this might be the time.

Thanks ORF, typically - I'm not that negative when it comes to Forest, but it's hard to find any positives.

Sadly, Wednesday have a better record than us - 3 points (all draws) from their last 6 to our 1.

If it wasn't for their points deduction - they'd be above us.

& even worse, they really like playing at the CG - which, does not bode well.

It will probably be a dour defensive affair, with the obligatory Forest mistake giving Pulis his 1st win - I really hope not, but we really do appear to be in freefall and need Lady Luck in our starting 11!!

If I thought for one second that he would try to take the opportunity then I would be delighted to see Clough given a chance. Won’t happen though unfortunately.

Probably not, but when you consider that around a 1/3rd of our squad are either injured or suspended & of the remainder, most are defensive players - Hughton is hamstrung before a ball is kicked.

If it was the Zach Clough that we signed then it would be a great choice, and I wouldn't be averse to it now he can't have become a bad player, can only assume it is an attitude thing. It does highlight the folly of bombing people out of the squad though, you really never know when you need to call on them.
The main question is does he go Dawson (if fit) or Mbe Soh to replace Figuredo.
I also wouldn't be averse to looking at the younger players instead of shuffling the usual suspects about and playing people out of position.
We are currently in a position where something else needs to be tried

Must not lose, simples
Understand what you mean, but if the team go out with that attitude then we will lose. We really need to go out with a change in attitude in other words that we need to & can win the game. We may still lose but at least we will have given it a go.
Unfortunately I can only see us going out with a defensive set up & mindset which seems to be CH's default position, it would be nice to think that will change but can't see it

He can play Guerrero there. He’s not perfect but we always look a better team when he’s in it in my opinion.

He can play Guerrero there. He’s not perfect but we always look a better team when he’s in it in my opinion.

The same Guerrero that gave the ball away for Brentford's second, that killed any hopes we had?

Agree - he's far from perfect and is probably what Hughton will go for, sadly - he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo when stood next to it.

Play Lolley in No.10 & Mighten on the wing?

The same Guerrero that gave the ball away for Brentford's second, that killed any hopes we had?

Agree - he's far from perfect and is probably what Hughton will go for, sadly - he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo when stood next to it.

Yep but it was no coincidence that him and Knockaert coming on completely changed our intent... as it has in all the other games they’ve been introduced.

Not playing these types of players from the off completely hands the initiative to the opposition. Reality is, he may have given them the second goal, but had those two not been introduced, we’d never have given ourselves a chance to get into the game in the first place.

I dont know we look a better team but we do look more like scoring and obviously scoring is what we need most to win a game for once.

Yep but it was no coincidence that him and Knockaert coming on completely changed our intent... as it has in all the other games they’ve been introduced.

Not playing these types of players from the off completely hands the initiative to the opposition. Reality is, he may have given them the second goal, but had those two not been introduced, we’d never have given ourselves a chance to get into the game in the first place.

Knockaert has definitely had an impact, obviously he's banned - but, when Guerrero has started the game, he's not been as effective as he is from the bench.

Not saying he's a bad player, plenty of them are below par at present, but I just wonder whether Lolley in the No.10 may be worth a go, at least he's prepared to have a shot & he's really out of sorts as a winger at present.

I'm also wondering whether Hughton may go with a back 3 & wingbacks, because Wednesday have quite an aerial threat & we're not good from set pieces (or open play).