Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City

Good night imps. Satisfied with our last 2 results away from home. 4 points from 6 not to be sniffed at. I hope MA noted the mistakes. Sure he did in fact, as if I can see them Anyone can. i enjoyed your company tonight. Something cosy about watching live from home on a cold wet Tuesday night. We go again Saturday V Wigan

Gillingham realistically need ten points from their last five games to overhaul us - which would only be a problem if BOTH of Fleetwood and Morecambe gain nine points too... At the same time, for that to be a problem, we would have to gain no points at all from our last five games...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!©

That's the kind of shit I'm talking about

Yep, I’ll take a point. Difficult conditions, but same for both teams. MA clearly had words at HT but not happy with response and made the changes which worked well. Still not an outstanding performance but at least we showed the fight in the second half. Fiorini - great goal and could have had a second. Liam Cullen - best performance. He did more than Hopper and particularly Marquis combined. I do wonder if Hopper and Marquis play too similar a game to play them together 🤔. Bishop - some good control and holding the ball. Jackson absolutely immense and was MoM by a country mile. One more point towards safety 👍.

We really missed Hopper earlier on in the season; can’t negative his usefulness to us based on one poor performance. If we dropped him, we’d have to look retrospectively at the games we’ve played and there’d only be one player on the team sheet.

Gillingham realistically need ten points from their last five games to overhaul us - which would only be a problem if BOTH of Fleetwood and Morecambe gain nine points too... At the same time, for that to be a problem, we would have to gain no points at all from our last five games...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!©
Plus, Gillingham play Fleetwood on Easter Monday, one or both will drop points in that game!

Credit to 'No Plan B' MA for a bold pair of substitutions which turned the game almost immediately, having started the 2nd half as a continuation of poor end of the 1st, Bishop and Cullen immediately started to make things happen with the midfield and front players all in a game they'd been chasing.

We could have won, could easily have lost, so in the end its a satisafactory point, leaving 6 teams in a significantly worse position with just 5 games left.

Well played Liam Cullen, did a better job up front on his own than Hopper and Marquis combined.

We looked much better when we decided to play with a midfield in the second half.

Centre halves did pretty well dealing with an aerial bombardment.

Pleasing that we were able to get ourselves on top in the second half, showed a bit of character. Disappointing that the 2 lads up front were so poor, nothing stuck to them, they didn't run in behind and didn't bring anyone else into the game. Deservedly replaced.

Also thought Fiorini had a good game.

Better second half and certainly much better when we took Maquis and Hopper off.

Bishop did well when he came on but still not overly convinced with Cullen.

Caused a lot of our own problems tonight especially first half, there are pitches you can play on and there are pitches where you have to have another way of playing on.

On the night and bearing in mind we've just took 4 points from two away games you can't really complain.

Think there definitely is a problem with Maquis and Hopper. Not sure if we'll be seeing those two again anytime soon.

In the short term a decent result to get us much closer to being mathmaticaly safe and that's what it's all about.....for now.

We really missed Hopper earlier on in the season; can’t negative his usefulness to us based on one poor performance. If we dropped him, we’d have to look retrospectively at the games we’ve played and there’d only be one player on the team sheet.
What is increasingly evident is that Hopper and Marquis don't click together, and also inhibits Scully's role. Disappointing, but its really not worked.

Each brings different things, its how MA judges the needs of each game to decide which if either starts.

Think the quote was 'wanted to go to war with two or three of my own' from Appleton. Not sure we will see much of the Hopper and Marquis front two now...

BNC good for weekend hopefully, Bridcutt sounding more dubious.

Credit to 'No Plan B' MA for a bold pair of substitutions which turned the game almost immediately, having started the 2nd half as a continuation of poor end of the 1st, Bishop and Cullen immediately started to make things happen with the midfield and front players all in a game they'd been chasing.

We could have won, could easily have lost, so in the end its a satisafactory point, leaving 6 teams in a significantly worse position with just 5 games left.

Sort of ironic that plan b in this case was going back to plan a and the 433!

I’m going to say one of those football manager things but I bet MA is learning a lot about his players

So much better in the second half.

Well, the first 10 mins of the second half were a waste of time really, but from when Cullen and Bishop were subbed on, we were fairly dominant.

Some are quick to criticise Appleton’s subs and tactics, but he got the choice of subs absolutely spot on.

If you’d offered me 4 points out of Charlton (a) and Fleetwood (a) in the space of 4 days, I’d have taken it.

The less said about the first half, the better, but take a point on Saturday and edge closer to the magic 50.

So much better in the second half.

Well, the first 10 mins of the second half were a waste of time really, but from when Cullen and Bishop were subbed on, we were fairly dominant.

Some are quick to criticise Appleton’s subs and tactics, but he got the choice of subs absolutely spot on.

If you’d offered me 4 points out of Charlton (a) and Fleetwood (a) in the space of 4 days, I’d have taken it.

The less said about the first half, the better, but take a point on Saturday and edge closer to the magic 50.
Think the 'magic 50' this season is probably 47 ! or even less.

Glad i stayed awake for the 2nd half, the 1st half was truly awful. Its been a very frustrating season, already looking forward to next, we surely cant be this unlucky with injuries again?